Friday, September 8, 2023

The Greetery {Autumn is in the Air}

 


Hello friends! I'm popping in today to share some autumn inspiration with you using some older favorites paired with some of the fabulous new products from the Harvest Fest Collection! I haven’t even attempted to start putting it away because the ideas keep flowing! I was so thrilled to use the cute sweater from the Hearts at Home: Sweater Die as the focal point for this card! I couldn’t wait to give it an autumn vibe by coloring it in shades of tan and brown for a cozy feeling!

To begin, I die cut all of the sweater pieces using Vintage Cream cardstock. I colored it using finger daubers and Distress Oxide ink. I also added some ink splatter to mimic the look of flecked yarn using watered down ink and a fine-tip paint brush. I glued the waist, neck, and wrist portions to the sweater using liquid glue. I set the sweater aside to dry and then got to work on the rest of the elements I planned to use on this card.


I die cut theRound About Fall Foliage die twice and then colored the leaves using the same technique as the sweater making certain to add in quite a few autumnal tones for variety and interest. I glued them together around the circle portion using liquid glue. My next step was to cut and color the cute pumpkins from the new Autumn Harvest die. These are perfect because they are the same scale as the sweater so they create a balanced look without overwhelming the design.

I used the Herringbone Parquet diefor the background and used teal cardstock with Ground Espresso ink around the edges. I layered all of the elements onto the background and even snuck a few leaves from the To Pie For Die to tuck here and there! Once I had everything arranged, I stamped the “is in the air” portion of the sentiment, which is from the older Fall Foliage stamp set, using Black Soot Distress Oxide ink. In hindsight, I would have stamped this first, but I hadn’t planned the sentiment! Ha ha!

I die cut the Let's Have a Word die from Smokey Shadow cardstock and then glued it over the top of the focal point using liquid glue. I also added some white paint splatter here and there for some contrast. The finishing touch is a sprinkling of glitter to the leaves and pumpkins! I had so much fun creating this card!


 I decided yesterday that it is much less painful to embrace autumn than it is to lament the passing of summer….so I am embracing autumn with all of my heart! It truly is one of my FAVORITE seasons and I plan on celebrating it to the fullest this year! Thanks for joining me today!

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, I am still working my way through my Greetery products this time around & LOVING them ALL! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE your mix of products, & thank you for reminding us of the sweet little sweater! PERFECT!!! ;)

Machines à Sous en ligne said...

Thanks for teaching us so much with your blog