Friday, September 22, 2023

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown Day 1

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the Papertrey Ink September release countdown! Autumn is a day away, but Christmas has made its way into the line-up! I'm sharing 4 projects with you today; three using the new Christmas Bouquet stamp set and one using a fun new set of dies!

I'm also sneaking a look at the new Merry Christmas Hot Foil Plate being showcased tomorrow, but I couldn't resist using it on this first card. 

To begin this card, I die cut and stamped all of the pieces from the Christmas Bouquet stamp set that I planned on using for this card. I used the new Elegant Edges: Christmas Bouquet die set on a panel of Stormy Sea cardstock. 

I layered the Stormy Sea panel onto a top-folding a2 card base using foam squares for dimension. I stamped the "you bring so much joy" sentiment using black ink at the bottom. I arranged the stamped images using foam squares and the foil sentiment below the bouquet. I added some white paint splatter for a snowy look.

My second card uses the same Christmas Bouquet stamp set, but this time I layered them on a custom background made using the Watercolor Plaid Stencil Collection. I used Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush ink with Pure Poppy ink splatter.

I stamped the sentiment in black, which is from the new With Great Joy Sentiments stamp set, on the background. 

I added a frame around the background that was die cut using the Border Bling: Skinny Dotted Frame using liquid glue. 

I arranged the flowers and foliage using foam squares. I also added some gold drip drops to the center of the large poinsettia for added detail as well as a few sequins. I layered the entire panel onto a top-folding A2 Pure Poppy card base. This card got a touch of glitter for some holiday shine!

This is my personal favorite card of the day; it features a few older favorites paired with the new Christmas Bouqet stamp set. If you remember, I couldn't stop using the Fanciful Snowflakes Hot Foil Plate last year and I've been chomping at the bit to pull it out and today is the day!

I used gold foil on Pure Poppy cardstock; I trimmed the panel so I could offset it on a kraft base using foam squares. I tucked some foliage on the side and then created visual movement around the sentiment. I die cut the Larger Than Life: Peace word from gold glitter cardstock and layered it over the foiled portion using foam squares. I heat embossed the companion sentiment, which is from the Larger than Life: Peace mini stamp set, in gold and layered it above the PEACE word.

To continue with the gold theme, I added a few gold drip drops here and there for added detail.

This particular layout gives you some fun options for the floral arrangement.

This would also be really fun to try in blue hues for a cool, icy look!

My final card for today uses the new Holiday Car dies and is just simple and fun! 

I die cut all of the pieces for the entire card from white cardstock and then just used ink to color everything.

I made the car ahead of time so that the windows could set; they have two coats of Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top. The first coat ended up cracking for some reason, so I gave it another coat so the window look quite realistic in real life! ha ha!

I colored the individual light bulbs with markers and gave them a quick dab of glaze as well. 

I prepared an A2 panel using Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink and then added the On the Border: Splendid Snowflakes Frame using liquid glue.

I stamped the sentiment, which is an older favorite from the Peaceful Forest Stamp Set, in black inside the snowflakes. I added the car and tree using foam squares and called it done! Simple and fun! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You 'had me' at that Stormy grey Sea, Kelly! and I love your plaids of pink! Do you do one color for each stencil? Or do you alternate the color on each of the stripes on every stencil? This inquiring mind wants to know, please! x
=]

Jean said...

Such beautiful cards!

Brenda Heyward said...

These are all such lovely cards! Love all the inspiration!