Wednesday, August 30, 2023

The Greetery Harvest Fest Collection Release Day

Well friends, today is the day; the Harvest Fest Collection from The Greetery will be available for purchase beginning at 10 am ET! I'm sharing a bonus card with you today using some of my favorites from the release! I had a leftover panel that was die cut using the Herringbone Parquet die that I decided to use for the starting point for my card today. You all know how much I loved using the Sketched Wildflower Frame stamp for a few of my projects over the last few days, but I couldn't resist taking a gamble and stamping it on the die cut background! I wanted to try doing this earlier when I was making my release projects, but I didn't dare mess up, so I didn't take the risk! Today however, things are more relaxed and I decided to try it! I love how it turned out; it's not a crisp image, but I don't think that matters at all....it just adds to the rustic charm!

I die cut all of the pieces from the Jumbo Curiosity: Acorns die three times from white cardstock and then colored them using Distress Oxide inks. I also die cut the leaves from the BotaniCuts Mighty Oak die so that I could fill in the scene with more color and interest. 

I was hesitant to try stamping any of the sentiments directly onto the Herringbone Parquet background for fear they wouldn't stamp well, but after I saw Betsy had done it on a few of her cards, I knew it would work! I'm so glad because I love how this sentiment looks between these clusters of acorns!

I die cut and stamped the "thankful" portion first so that I could get the placement right for the rest of the sentiment. I simply placed it where I wanted it and then used my mini MISTI for the "my heart is ever" and "you're in my life" and stamped them using Distress Oxide ink. I used foam squares to pop up the "thankful" portion.

I arranged the acorns around the sentiment, adding in leaves here and there. I also used one of the single acorns to fill out the cluster on the top left for balance and visual movement.

I added a hint of glitter to the acorns and leaves to give it a touch of sparkle and shine! 

I added the entire panel to a top-folding A2 card base using liquid glue. I hope you've enjoyed all of the beautiful new products as much as I have! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

10 comments:

ESUE said...

So pretty for fall cards. Love the acorns.

Nancy Penir said...

Glowing acorns... GORGEOUS! Brilliant coloring!

Vickie R. said...

This is gorgeous! Just when I thought I didn't need those acorns this card comes along. . .

Becky Green said...

:) This just makes me HAPPY! BEAUTIFUL WORK, Kelly!

Conniecrafter said...

The background is so pretty with the acorns!

Sue said...

Your card is stunning! Can you please tell me what colors of distress ink you used for your card?
Thank you. Sue

KraftyKrissi said...

I love when you show us a bonus card on release day! This is gorgeous! I can’t wait to get my order and play!

LAS said...

This card is truly stunning. I think it’s your best ever.

Gina said...

Your cards are always so beautiful and elegant. Could you please tell me what DOI you used for the acorns and leaves? I sit and study all the details, just in case I miss something. I love everything fall related and you just knocked it out of the park with this card. Thank you for your beautiful makes. You're such an inspiration.

Valerie said...

Beautiful card and very creative use of all the products! Lovely to look at and study. You are "selling" me the Sketched Wildflower Frame! I would not have thought about using it on a fall acorn themed card. So well done!