Saturday, September 23, 2023

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink September release countdown! I'm sharing two projects today using more products from this fabulous Christmas-themed release! My first card uses the new Forever Snowflake die collection. 

To begin, I die cut the wreath portion using white cardstock and then colored it using assorted colors of brown Distress Oxide ink. I die cut the snowflakes from white and left them as-is.

I added some Scarlet Jewel ink around the edges of a Pure Poppy panel of cardtsock. Once that was done, I used the Cover Plate: Quilted die to add the texture to the backround. I layered the wreath over the top using liquid glue and then glued on the snowflakes.

I die cut four of the smallest poinsettias included in the Into the Blooms: Poinsettia die set from Pale Peony cardstock and then added some Scarlet Jewel ink around the edges of two. I layered those two together and then added gold drip drops to the centers of all of the poinsettias. I added them to the centers of the snowflakes and a few leaves tucked on the side. the finishing touch is the tone-on-tone foiled Merry Christmas sentiment.

My second card uses the new Ornament Cloche stamp/die set! This is such a fun set to create cute little scenes inside the ornament. I chose colors and layout directly from the stamping guide; I absolutely loved the colors so I decided to keep things easy! (wink)

The background was created using the new Perfect Snowflakes die set; this is a LARGE die set with tons of different snowflakes. I chose to create a tone-on-tone background using many of the different styles of snowflakes.

I did add one of the leftover snowflakes from my first card in the upper left corner for contrast and interest.

I heat embossed the sentiment, also from the Peaceful Forest stamp set that I used yesterday, onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the card. I added glitter to the stamped elements for some sparkle and shine! Thanks for fluttering by! 
P.S. Join me tomorrow for day 3!

 

1 comment:

I Card Everyone said...

I don't know if the ornament was meant to be a snow globe or not but I'm certainly loving how you have done so, Kelly! LOve your cards and those gorgeous snowflakes [said me never before!]
=]