Friday, August 25, 2023

Papertrey Ink August Countdown Day 1

Welcome to day 1 of the Papertrey Ink August release countdown! Summer is winding down and hints of fall are in the air! I was lucky that we got a nice, rainy day with a bit of a chill in the air; my daughter put on Anne of Green Gables and I got busy working on my projects for today! It's easier to work on autumn projects when it actually feels like autumn! ha ha!

I have three cards to share with you today using the new Fresh Florals stamp/die set and the beautiful new Exquisite Leaf Frame Hot Foil Plate! I found that if I set my foil machine to the hottest setting and let it heat for 25 seconds, I got the best results. This particular frame reminds me a bit of a fancy book cover; I love the effect that it gives!

The new Fresh Florals are perfect to use year-round, but I love this particular sentiment that is included so I chose a muted autumn palette for this card. I stamped the sentiment on the circle die cut from the Love to Layer: Alluring Brackets dies and then layered over the medium die as well for a bigger impact! 

I clustered the leaves around the bottom and then arched over the top. The hotfoiling was done on a Spring Moss panel and then the entire thing is layered on an Olive Twist card base. I added some glitter here and there for some sparkle and shine.

For my second card using the Fresh Florals set, I chose to create a small cluster paired with the largest of the included sentiments to use as the focal point. I used the largest die from the Alluring Brackets (linked above) for the sentiment and floral cluster.

I don't think I will ever grow tired of the Border Bling: Scalloped Frame die; It accents these beautiful florals so nicely. I also added a hint of pattern by adding some Bitty Big: Spring Moss patterned paper behind the focal panel.

I layered everything on a top folding A2 white card base using liquid glue and foam squares.

The fun thing about the Fresh Florals stamp/die set is that there are quite a few little pieces so you can have fun making all kinds of different arrangements.

My final card using this set features the third sentiment; I was glad there is a sympathy sentiment included...I unfortunately need two sympathy cards this week, so this was made for someone in particular.

You can see the pretty shine of the hot foil in the upper right corner of this card....I think I will be reaching for this often! I always find that a card with hot foiling just looks so elegant, don't you think?

I love the gold on the Harvest Gold cardstock for a warm feeling....just what you need on a sympathy card.

I used quite a few of the sprigs and florals on this card, tucking things here and there until I was happy with the arrangement.

My final project for the day features the cutest new Frightful Frames dies and the new Spooky Treats Labels stamp/die set. I'm a sucker for easy treat ideas for Halloween and these are just the ticket! As soon as I saw the apothecary stamp I thought it would be fun to use these plastic tubes!

I can't wait for the Halloween candy to start hitting the shelves (or is it there and I don't know? ha ha) to fill up the tubes!

To begin, I die cut the two frames from black cardstock (there are four included in the collection) and then layered them onto the largest die cut from the Love to Layer: Alluring Brackets dies. I chose Winter Wisteria and Royal Velvet cardstock. I actually die cut two of each color; one for the front and one for the back. I layered them with both "right" sides up because you can see the one in back from the front and I wanted it to look good! ha ha!

I heat embossed the Spooky Treats Labels using silver embossing powder and then die cut them using the Spooky Treats labels dies.

I used a brad to secure the two pieces together as shown in this picture. It creates a sleeve that you can slide the tube down inside OR you can add the brad to one side, and then put the tub in between the two layers and then add the brad to the other side.

This was such a fun project and perfect for mass-producing! I bought these tubes a few years ago to put hot-cocoa in with the Build-a-Santa stamp set (some of you may remember) but I've had them waiting for another project!

Join me again tomorrow for day 2! Lot more fall and Halloween inspiration coming your way! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

TeresaC said...

I CAN NOT wait for fall and your Spooky Treats Labels candy tube project is spook-tacular!!
🦇🦇🦇

Connie said...

Great cards, Kelly!
Super cool idea for the Halloween goodies.
I would like to try your idea out myself.
Thanks for all your beautiful inspiration.
Have a wonderful day.