Saturday, August 26, 2023

Papertrey Ink August Release Countdown Day 2

Hello and welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink August release countdown! My first card for today features the cutest new leaf set called Leave It To Me; it's a whimsical/mod stamp set that is so much fun! I've used it on the second card I'm featuring today and another card tomorrow! I also used the new Love to Layer: Leaves dies; these are perfect building blocks for a card like I'm sharing here, OR they can be used by themselves. They would be great for a sentiment, since they don't have any embossed or line details.

To begin this card, I die cut ALL of the leaves from the Leave It To Me die set twice and then stamped them using complimentary colors on the color wheel; purples and yellow tones with touches of brown for contrast. I also die cut the three sizes of the Love to Layer: Leaves and colored them with ink and a blender brush using the same ink colors as the stamped leaves.

I mentioned yesterday that I am smitten with the new Exquisite Leaf Frame Hot Foil Plate that was featured yesterday. I couldn't resist using it again today on this card. I used gold foil on Lilac Grace cardstock for that complimentary look again.

I'm sneaking a peek at the new Give Thanks sentiment set being showcased on day 4; I just couldn't resist using it for this autumn card. I stamped it in black onto a die cut oval from the It's A Sign: Hanging Frames Stitched dies and layered it over the leaves. You can also see how beautiful the foil looks glimmering at the top!

I layered the Lilac Grace panel onto a top-folding A2 Autumn Rose using liquid glue. 


My second card for today features the new Psalm Reflections: August stamp set. It does have a coordinating die set which die cuts a finial image that I didn't end up using. I'm sure the other designers may have used it, so you can see what it looks like! I paired it with the new Border Bling: Falling Leaves die. 

To begin my card, I die cut the frame twice and glued it together using liquid glue. I used my old SU! markers to color the individual leaves. I wanted to keep the remaining portion of the frame white, so I chose markers since they give me the control I was needing.

I die cut a rectangle from the Love to Layer: Rectangles die collection and stamped the Psalm verse in black.

I layered the Psalm panel and the frame on a 4 by 5 1/ 4 inch piece of Stormy Sea cardstock using foam squares. I also tucked some of the leftover leaves from my first card here and there for a fun addition.

I layered it onto a top-folding A2 Honey Nut cardbase using foam squares. I added some glitter to the leaves on the frame for some sparkle and shine! Join me tomorrow for some more autumn/Halloween inspiration! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Connie said...

Great cards, Kelly!
Love the colors on the first card!

Michelle Gleeson said...

Kelly,
Love the colors and layers on these cards. When does the collection become available. I went to papertrey and it does not say when the collection goes live. And if I go to the site from your blog do you get the affiliate credit.

Let me know.
Thanks!
Michelle