Monday, June 26, 2023

Papertrey Ink June Release Countdown Day 4

Its the 4th and final day of the Papertrey Ink June release countdown! I have a big post today so get comfy! ha ha! Things are tropical, travel-inspired, and just plain FUN! I know I say it all the time, but summer cards are my favorite!

My first card for today uses the AMAZING new Pleasing Pineapple Hot Foil Plate. I found that I need to heat my foil machine on the hottest setting and heat for 20 seconds for best results with this particular plate. I wasted a BUNCH of my hoarded Aqua Mist cardstock and teal foil and finally gave up and tried regular gold on yellow! I love the result!

I didn't want to cover up too much of the beautiful foiling so I kept this card simple, but with some fun details to make it special. I couldn't resist making more black and white striped flip flops, but this time I added both medallion details and some gold drip drops to the center.

I heat embossed the sentiment, which is from the new Just Sentiments: Days of Summer stamp set onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the foiled panel securing it in the back with scotch tape. I also added some greenery from the Feathered Friends 24 dies for some additional tropical detailing.  I added a strip of Bitty Big: True Black paper (same as what I used for the flip flops) to the side and added the focal panel to the top using foam squares.

My next card features the adorable new Pack Your Suitcase stamp/die set. I've made three cards using this stamp/die set to give you some additional ideas. This particular card also uses a few elements from the new Tuck It: Travel stamp/die set.

I stamped the suitcase and all of the accessories in a Barbie-esque color palette; I love how it turned out!

I combined two different sentiments for a custom feel; the longer sentiment is from the new Just Sentiments: Days of Summer and the "Safe Travels" is from the new Tuck It: Travel stamp set.

I used the same Elegant Edges: Fresh Cut dies that I used yesterday for "sand", and today I used it for clouds. I added the little airplane from Tuck It: Travel and the palm trees.

My second card is a little bit on the masculine side; I felt like I was only making girly cards for this release, so I thought I'd switch things up.

Once again, I used elements from the Tuck It: Travel stamp/die set....they pair so well together and add a little bit of whimsy to the cards!

You can really change the feeling of a card just by switching up the colors.

My final card for today and for the release uses a few elements that you've previously seen, but I think this is my favorite one using the Pack Your Suitcase stamps/dies. You can see another Pineapple hot foil background and more greenery.

I tucked it inside the suitcase and behind for a whimsical feel! I added some gold drip drops to the flip flops to bring in a little more gold.


The sentiment, which is from the older set Just Sentiments: Wish You Were Here stamp set, is just perfect for this card!

Thanks for joining me today! The June release will be available for purchase tomorrow night at 10 PM ET. I'm guessing the Go-To Gift Card Holder: Beach Bag dies will fly off the shelf so if it were me, I'd head to the shop early! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

Becky Green said...

OOoooooOOOooo! That Foiled Pineapple would make a SUPER Hospitality/Thank You Card!!!! ;) LOOOVE EVERYTHING you've made Kelly! That PINEAPPLE Foiling CAUGHT MY EYE though! LOL ;)

Karen said...

Absolutely love that first flip-flop card--fabulous!!!

Carolyn J said...

Love these cards!!