Saturday, June 24, 2023

Papertrey Ink June Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink June release countdown! Thank you for your sweet comments on yesterday's post! Today the team is featuring the new Into the Blooms: Iris die collection; I'm in love!

I was in need of two sympathy cards this week, so I chose to make two identical cards to send to the grieving families; I think the irises are a perfect choice for a sympathy card, but I can't wait to use them again in a more cheerful way!

I colored the flower portions using Amethyst Allure and Royal Velvet ink. I colored the yellow portions with a yellow marker to make things easier. The greenery is colored using Green Parakeet and New Leaf ink.

Since I already had the Woodblock Prints Stencil Collection out from my travel card yesterday, I thought I'd use one of the other designs for the background on these two mini-slimline cards.

I didn't add any stenciling in the middle so it almost gives the illusion that the irises are glowing. I added some black ink splatter for dimension, glitter and sequins (which I don't usually use on sympathy cards) and the sentiment is from the Feathered Friends Mini 4 stamp set.

My second for today uses the new Larger than Life: Hello stamp/die set; simple and easy to use!

I started off stenciling an A2 panel of white cardstock using the Wild Blooms Stencil Collection using some bright, summery colors. I also used the Cover Plate: Quilted die to add the texture over the top.

I die cut the Larger than Life: Hello twice from black cardstock and then glued them together. The remainder of the sentiment is stamped in black onto a strip of white cardstock and adhered using foam squares. I gave the entire panel a spritz of shimmer spray and mounted it onto a top-folding A2 Hawaiian Shores card base. A few sequins finish it off! Thanks for fluttering by!



 

2 comments:

Connie said...

Great cards, Kelly!
The iris is my favorite flower so I will have to get that product.
I love the flowers on your second card, another must have.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful inspiration.
Take care.

Patti H. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Kelly!