Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown Day 4 + Flash Sale {The Joy of Noel}

Welcome to the 4th and final day of the Papertrey Ink September release countdown! I'm sharing one card today using the new Feathered Friends 15 stamp/die set! Since I only have the one card, I decided to also share my cards that I made for this week's Flash Sale! You should have seen them in the newsletter that went out last night!
This cute Feathered Friends 15 stamp was just begging to be on an autumn card, don't you think? Since I've been on break I didn't get a chance to use the new autumn stamp/die sets that have been released, but I decided to use the cute sentiment from the Just Sentiments: Happy Fall stamp set on today's card.

I used the same colors as the stamping guide for this sweet little bird, which of course is why it seemed fitting for him/her to go on an autumn card. I chose to use the Hello Pumpkin stamp set that was released last year as the base for this cutie. I also stamped the new Weathered Wood Background stamp in Aqua Mist ink for some added detail. I know I will be using this one all season long!

Everything that has been showcased the last four days will be available for purchase tomorrow night starting at 10 PM ET!

For this week's Flash Sale, I chose to use the fabulous The Joy of Noel stamp set that was released last year! I just love it and decided to pull in a few of my other holiday favorites to pull these two cards together! To begin, I die cut all of the letters, star, and wreath using the The Joy of Noel die set and stamped them using a variety of inks. I really like how easy it is to achieve the woodgrain look of the letters with the two step stamps.

I decided to add some bits and bobs from other stamp sets that I love to give these stamps even more holiday touches! The berries, poinsettias, holly and leaves are from the Framing Florals: Christmas stamp set. This has been a favorite of mine to add these special festive touches to my holiday cards. I think the new Sprigs and Sprays: Holiday is going to rival this one, however! ha ha!

This particular card also features images from the fabulous Season of Joy stamp set to really give this design some extra pizazz! It's really one of my favorites and I ADORE the sentiments! I'm so particular about what sentiment styles speak to me and this set definitely fills all of my  check boxes!

I kept it simple by adding the "Tidings of" portion of the sentiment directly onto a panel of Bitty Big: Soft Stone patterned paper and then added the wreath and stamped/die cut letters. I added the black Border Bling: Skinny Dotted Frame to really ground the design. I added the rest of the floral pieces and then added it to a card base with the smaller version of the paper I used on the front. I added it slightly askew to really let the dots show. I added a few sequins to finish it off!

My second card features the NOEL portion of the stamp set, using the wreath that is included as the "O".


I couldn't resist adding this sweet little snowman to the center of the "O" as well. He just happened to be stamped and ready to go in the stamp/die pocket for the framing florals set, so it just seemed like he needed a home here! He is from the Sweet Scenes: winter stamp set.

Well friends, this concludes my post for today and for the release! Come back here tomorrow night at 1o PM ET to get the new release in the Papertrey Ink Shop! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: