Saturday, September 18, 2021

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown Day 1

Welcome to day 1 of the Papertrey Ink September release countdown! As most of you know, I took the summer off, so I'm officially back with this release! I'm sharing two projects with you today using some of my FAVORITE products from the entire release, but I will say this, it has been one of my overall FAVORITES in a while! Maybe it's because I'm excited to be getting started with my holiday cards! ha ha!
Up first is this bold card using the new Into the Blooms: Poinsettia dies paired with the new Just Sentiments: Snow stamp set. These Poinsettia dies are an absolute MUST in my opinion!

This card also features another new stamp/die set being featured today: Sprigs and Sprays: Holiday stamps/dies! I'm officially OBSESSED with this new stamp/die set and have used it A TON on all of my projects for this release! It is on my "must-have" list!

The Poinsettias, leaves, and flower centers are all die cut from white cardstock and then colored using Distress Oxide inks and a finger dauber. I assembled them using both liquid glue and foam squares for maximum dimension.

I tucked some of the Sprigs and Sprays images here and there and then added the white ink splatter to mimic snow. The sentiment is heat embossed using gold powder onto Smokey Shadow cardstock.

My second card for today features the new Vase Collection 4 stamp/die set paired with even more of the fabulous Sprigs and Sprays.

My advice to you would be to sit down one afternoon and get busy stamping out a BUNCH of these because they are absolutely perfect to add to so many of your winter/holiday/Christmas cards! Trust me! If I haven't convinced you to do so today, you will see how much I used these over the course of the release week! ha ha!

I used another one of the "snow" sentiments from the new Just Sentiments: Snow stamp set. I heat embossed it with white powder onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the focal panel.

I added a few snowflake dies from a fun die being showcased tomorrow, but I couldn't resist adding a few here and there to enhance the sentiment. I 've also used some of these new sequins on pretty much ALL of my projects for this release. They are the ones without holes so they have a really beautiful effect.

That's all for today, but join me over the next few days for even more inspiration using these amazing new products! I'm officially feeling like we can transition into fall! ha ha! As if the earth needs MY permission! LOL! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

8 comments:

Dianne said...

Just gorgeous! I have a thing for poinsettias and yours are the prettiest yet! Welcome back!

Becky Green said...

EVERYTHING is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, Kelly! LOVE your color combinations! Now, you make me want to go & play with my paper crafting things! ;)<3

Marcia Hill said...

Welcome back!! You've been missed, but you definitely made up for it with both of your cards today...they are both absolutely GORGEOUS!! The Sprigs & Sprays set is totally going to the top of my list!! Your layers and details are SO pretty and these cards both totally SHINE Kelly!! Hugs. :0)

blaze said...

Hey, Kelly! I'm glad you're back, but I totally get why you needed some R and R! You so deserve it! Now, let me say, your cards are simply stunning. I have a little thing for poinsettias, (and all things Christmas, in general!) I study every little detail in your cards, trying not to miss a thing, because they are jam-packed with goodness! (like the red blending on that leaf!) Gorgeous!

Jan said...

I've missed your creative work these last weeks and am happy to see you're back! These are wonderful cards! You did such a nice job showcasing the new sets.

Pam said...

So happy you are back! I missed you! Gorgeous cards! That poinsettia is a show stopper and you colored them beautifully!

Connie said...

Fantastic cards, Kelly!
Great looking new products and you showcased them wonderfully.

Linda Hahn said...

So Happy you're back...you've been missed! I love the way the black cardstock makes the red poinsettia pop! Both cards are absolutely beautiful!!!