Sunday, September 19, 2021

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown Day 2

Hello and welcome back for day 2 of the Papertrey Ink September release countdown! Thanks for all of your sweet comments on yesterday's post! You're always so sweet! Today I'm sharing two more cards using the sweet new addition to the Feathered Friends collection! I was already planning on creating a pink bird for my card, but was pleasantly surprised to see that the stamping guide featured a pink bird, pretty much exactly as I have colored this one.

I die cut all of the pieces to assemble the bird and then I colored it using Distress Oxide inks. I used both liquid glue and foam squares to give this bird a life-like look.

As promised, I've used even more Sprigs and Sprays that were showcased yesterday! They are the perfect place for this pink bird to perch!

I used the FABULOUS new Weathered Wood Background stamp on this card, but ended up covering a lot of it up. Don't fret, though, because I've used it quite a bit over the next few days! ha ha!

My second card for today uses the new Border Bling: Snowflake dies. This was a super fun card to make, but it proved difficult to photograph! ha ha!

I heat embossed the "snowy" sentiment from the new Inside Greetings: Snow stamp set. I placed it directly underneath the die cut "Let it Snow" words that are included in the Border Bling: Snowflake dies.

I added a bright, white Poinsettia and leaves from the Into the Blooms: Poinsettia dies. I spritzed the entire card with Shimmer Spray to enhance the snowy details!

A bit of tinsel glitter and the new sequins finish off this snowy design! Join me again tomorrow for day 3 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Vikki H said...

Beautiful layers and textures! The popped up sections on the bird are terrific. My old PTI sprigs and spray set needs to get out again

Conniecrafter said...

Your new feathered friend is so cute, love him nestled with the sprigs.
Your white poinsettias are lovely so pretty with the snowflake theme!