Friday, January 22, 2021

The Greetery T.G.I.F {with all my heart}

Well friends, we've almost made it to the weekend! I'm SO ready for it! How about you? It's my turn for this week's T.G.I.F {The Greetery's Inspiration Friday} over on The Greetery Blog, but I wanted to share my project here as well! I've never had my assigned week be this close to a release, so it was fun to use some of the new products in a different way and to also give you some fresh inspiration for when your packages start arriving!
This project is simple and sweet; just perfect for Valentine's Day! I don't know about you, but I like to give Valentines to MANY people in my life, not just my husband! It's the day of LOVE and there are so many people in my life that deserve a little love!
This project consists of a stamped muslin bag and a little tag to go with it. I made THIS project back in July using these stamped muslin bags. They are so much fun! You could also make a little crate to put these Valentines in, like I did for that project!

To begin, I used the Speed Tagging Christmas Rubber stamp to stamp the red gingham portion of the tags. I just adore gingham and flowers for Valentine's Day, so I was super happy that I could use this particular tag for today's project. I only inked up this particular stamp, although I could have stamped the whole thing and gotten a head start on Christmas! ha ha! Anyway, I just did this part and then used the Speed Tagging Die to cut them out. I made three in total, but I'm only showing two.
Once the tag base was made, I used the new Mini Boxwood Heart Stamp + Cut Combo to create the heart frames and for the sweet sentiment in the center. I just love the fonts for the sentiments and the cute size of the wreath!

I set the wreaths aside and got to work creating the little flowers using the new BotaniCuts Forget-Me-Nots dies. These have sold out, unfortunately, but Betsy has already put in a re-order so they should be back in stock quickly! They are SO cute, so I can see why they flew off the shelf! I decided to make my flowers pink blooms instead of actual Forget-Me-Nots. I created them exactly like I did for THIS card. Once the flowers were made, I got to work assembling the tags. I stamped the sentiment directly into the middle using black ink and then added the wreath over the top using foam squares. The flowers are attached using additional foam squares. I added some glitter to both the flowers and the wreath for some sparkle and shine!

To stamp the bags, I used my iron with steam to get them nice and crisp so they would lay flat in my mini MISTI. Once they were ironed and cooled, I placed the flattened bag into the MISTI, positioned the sentiment, which is from the new Lovely Blossoms stamp set, and then stamped it a few times in black to get a nice, crisp impression.
I put some Ghirardelli chocolate and caramel hearts into the bag and then tied them up with the tag! These are going into a larger printed box with some other fun gifts to give to a few friends. You could also fill the bag with a gift card, lotion and lip gloss, or any other small gift! These were so much fun to create! Thanks for fluttering by!

9 comments:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, didn't you do a Fall Crate with the little muslin bag too??? I remember that one too & fell in love with it, AND your Christmas one too! SOOO CUTE TODAY, with the little tags & color combo you used. YOU ALWAYS, come out with the SWEETEST gift ideas!!!! A SUPER JOB & SUPER POST over on The Greetery too! ;)<3

Stephanie Clapper said...

Yes, the weekend is almost here, whew what a week. I’ve been doing a massive overhaul of my craft room and I’m looking forward to some creative time this weekend. Valentine’s Day is extra special for me as it’s my Anniversary and my hubby loves his chocolate. Dollar General had the cutest red patterned muslin bags ( at Christmas) and I picked up a few extra with Feb 14th in mind. I love how you paired your tags and treat bags, you’ve totally inspired me again! Thanks so much for sharing & here’s to enjoying your weekend! 😊❤️

Stephanie Clapper said...

P.S. got a chuckle from your quote of the day, signing off now. Lol. 😊

Debbie said...

I always adore your gift packaging ideas and todays is another beauty. What a great idea to place the bag in your Misti to get a perfect stamped sentiment. My new goodies are set to arrive on Monday. I can hardly wait! I will be checking that tracking minute by minute! I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend.

Kelly Lunceford said...

I made some peach crates when those were released!❤I forgot about those! Thanks for the reminder!😉 Thank you so much!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Sounds like you've been super busy! I need to do an overhaul over here!😂😂😂 things are getting a bit out of control!🙈🙈🙈 I'm glad Valentine's Day is so special for you! Those bags sound darling!😍 Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh yay! I know what you mean about tracking!😂😂😂 thank you so much and have fun with your new goodies!❤❤❤

Susie said...

Kelly, did you make your linen bags or did you purchase them? If so, where did you purchase from?

Kelly Lunceford said...

I purchased them from Amazon, but I actually prefer the ones that Papertrey Ink sells!