Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Ink to Paper January Release Countdown Day 4

Happy Tuesday, friends! Today is the 4th and final day of the Ink to Paper January release countdown! It's certainly been a whirlwind and I can't believe we've come to the end! My last set of cards uses the new Feathered Friends 7 dies and the new Feathered Friends 7 mini stamp set.  Up first is this colorful design using the Feathered Friends 7 dies paired with the beautiful Into the Blooms Dies. I particularly like using them with the Feathered Friends die series because they are both just die cuts and no stamping. It helps keep the style of the card cohesive. That being said, I did combine the Feathered Friends 7 mini stamp set with the same flowers for my second card.

To begin this card, I die cut the bird from white cardstock. Actually, I die cut EVERYTHING for this card from white cardstock and then used Distress Oxide Inks to color both the bird and the flowers. I really like using these particular inks for the birds because it allows me to get a really nice blend to create a more realistic looking piece.

The background is created by layering the Ornate Cover Plate on top of a white cardbase using liquid glue. I then added the frame around the perimeter using 1/8 inch ScorTape. This saved me because I put it on crooked TWICE and I was still able to carefully lift it to put it on straight. Had I been using 1/4 inch ScorTape, it would have been impossible! I guess I'm glad I ran out of the 1/4 inch! ha ha!

I had so much fun creating the blooms in different shades of pink/purple/blue to create some contrast between the blues/greens of the bird. I feel like I've been on a "heat embossed vellum sentiment strip" kick and I needed to switch things up! I decided to stamp the "happy birthday to you" sentiment directly onto the large leaf for something fresh! 

I added a white dot to the center of the bird's eye using a white gel pen and then added a tiny amount of Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top for a more realistic look.  The flower centers got a tiny sprinkling of the Terra Texture that I showed on some cards yesterday. I also added some glitter and sequins to finish off this bright, birthday design!

My second card for today, and the last of the release uses the new Feathered Friends 7 mini stamp set. I used Distress Oxide inks again on this one to create this blue hummingbird. I had an extra bloom left over from my first card, so I chose to ink it up in bright pink and red. I gave it a black center with some black ink splatter for a coneflower look. I'm not sure if  hummingbirds are attracted to coneflowers, but today they are! ha ha!

We have quite a few bushes/vines that attract both butterflies and hummingbirds and I enjoy sitting on my porch watching them flutter their wings so rapidly! It's amazing to me!

I stamped the sentiment that is included in the Feathered Friends 7 mini stamp set onto the middle size from the Delicate Doilies die collection. I chose to leave the eyelet detail in place rather than punching them out. I didn't want the edges to look to busy against the Postage Frame

I layered all of that onto a panel of Spring Rain cardstock that is stamped using the Nifty Plaid background stamp and Blueberry Sky ink. I then added that to a top folding A2 Blueberry Sky card base using foam squares.

I added some glitter to the flowers, leaves and the bird for some celebratory sparkle! A few sparkling clear sequins finish off this birthday design! This release is full of all kinds of fun products to kick your birthday designs into high gear! My stash has grown quite substantially over the last few days and it feels great! Now, to work on some "get well" cards! boo! They seem to be in high demand lately! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

10 comments:

Poppyseed Vintage said...

Beautiful cards Kelly! That hummingbird!! ~Francie M

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!❤

Stephanie Clapper said...

Oh my goodness Kelly, your cards are Beautiful! Your distress oxide colors are glorious on your Feathered Friends 7 bird. ( yes, a mouth full!) And your florals, wow! Card making has to be the best hobby ever, being able to create nature in such amazing colors like your’s!

Helen F. said...

Oh WOW, Kelly ~ you have outdone yourself with this beautiful display of the Nature Lover Collection! Love the different coloring techniques you used especially on the Florals. Can't wait to try these, thanks for the inspiration.

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous flowers and birds! Love your beautiful cards!

Becky Green said...

WOW!!! STUNNING COLORS on your first card, Kelly!!!! BEAUTIFUL WORK with these LOVELY DIES!!!! ;)<3

Miriam Prantner said...

Really loving your color combinations today, they are just so bright and springy! Such fun new products!

Lisa Schenck said...

Your cards are beautiful!!! You've just inspired me to work on more cards with my Into the Blooms dies!!!

Shawninaz said...

Hi Kelly! You so inspire me with every project I just adore these cards. Ok two suggestions, lol! I would love to see you on YouTube but then I worry you’d have less time to create, and could you please start using a Feathered Friends tag? I just love all of this series and what you’ve done with them. Thanks so much for all you do!

Conniecrafter said...

these are so stunning, lovely coloring and colors of the flowers and birds!