Sunday, January 17, 2021

Ink to Paper January Release Countdown Day 2


 Welcome to Day 2 of the Ink to Paper January release countdown! I'm sharing two cards today for even more festive inspiration! Up first is a floral birthday card using the new Vintage Flair and Vintage Flair print stamp sets!

I wanted to embrace the vintage feel of both of these new sets so I chose soft, muted colors to evoke a sense of nostalgia and of days gone by! Can't you just smell your grandmother's perfume or maybe hear her laugh or sing from a distance? I loved listening to my grandma hum as she worked in the kitchen cooking all of her delicious dishes!

Anyway...back to the card, ha ha! I heat embossed the Vintage Flair Print background using white powder onto a white panel. I used Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores ink to add some color over the top of the panel. I also used some Hawaiian Shores ink splatter for added detail. I set that aside to work on the terrarium and flowers.
The terrarium is made up of 3 parts...the main large piece, the bottom or "floor" of the terrarium and the thin edge at the back to create the dimensional look. I heat embossed all of the pieces using gold powder. I glued everything together, but didn't glue the top of the "floor" to the main terrarium piece. I knew I would be using the vase inside and wanted to be able to tuck it in the right spot without having it glued down. I stamped the flowers, leaves, vase, and finials. Once all of that was done, I was ready to put my card together. I added the terrarium carefully using strategically place foam squares for dimension. I carefully tucked the vase inside and secured it with additional foam squares.
I had fun adding the flowers, leaves and finials here and there to add extra visual detail. The finishing touch is some Gold Drip Drops ( I gave you fair warning yesterday LOL!). I might have gone a little bit overboard with them, but sometimes vintage style included a little bit of gaudiness, am I right? ha ha! The entire panel is added to a Hawaiian Shores top folding A2 card base using foam squares, but before I did that, I added the gilded edges. This is such an easy way to add some vintage charm to your cards. I simply ran my Versamark ink pad over some of the edges of the card base, sprinkled gold embossing powder and then heat set it. It adds just the right finishing touch.
My second card is more playful and traditional. It uses the new Big Balloons/Big Balloons Sentiments/Big Balloons Coverplate and coordinating stencils! Whew, that's a mouthfull!
I die cut the Big Balloons Coverplate from Hawaiian Shores cardstock and then added the balloons from the Big Balloon stamp set over the top. I used some of the fun accessories, like the bows and flowers to accent the design.
The balloons are created by die cutting the two balloon circles and then adding ink blending around the edges. The largest blue balloon uses one of the stencil sets to create the dots. I also used the "Celebrate" sentiment from the Big Balloon stamp set to stamp directly onto the big balloon.
I added more drip drops AND some glitter for some festive shine! The sentiment at the bottom is from the Blossoming Branches stamp set. Thanks for fluttering by!




No comments: