Thursday, January 28, 2021

Pinkfresh Studio {You are Remarkable}

I'm not quite sure why it took me so long, but I recently joined the Pinkfresh Studio Fan Page on Facebook! There is an exclusive Inspiration Challenge for members there each month, and this is my card for the challenge! While I'm not entering because I'm on the design team, I always enjoy participating in inspiration challenges because they get me thinking differently and reaching for products I don't often go for! 

I was actually thrilled because it gave me the chance to use the recently released Hanging Garden Layered Stencils that I haven't used yet! I absolutely love these so don't be surprised if you see more from me using these! I inked them up using Fresh Pear, Meadow, Olive, Apricot, and Coral Reef ink to fit the color parameters of the challenge. Honestly, you don't HAVE to use those colors, but rather go where the inspiration takes you, but these are some of my favorites, so I went with it!

Once I had the stenciled portion finished, I die cut the YOU portion using the Heather Uppercase die set. I added ink over the top part of the letters using Coral Reef and Passion Fruit inks for an Ombre effect! 

Now, I had a furnace repairman in the basement with me while I was making this card, so I felt anxious, which may be why the "YOU" letters are too close to the "You are remarkable" portion of the sentiment (LOL!) I actually made two cards and remedied that problem on the second card, but ended up taking pictures of this one (face palm). All I need to do is remove the letters carefully and place them just a bit higher and all will be well! ha ha! 

If I were to make this card again, however, I would simply stamp the "You are remarkable" sentiment, which is from the Thankful for Friends stamp set, closer to the bottom of the frame. Oh well...what's a girl going to do?!

The frame is die cut using the Essentials: Pretty Frames die set and then I added some Olive ink around the top portion, letting it fade out around the bottom. I wanted it to fade away, just like the color on the letters. I placed it over the top of the stenciled panel using foam squares and then mounted that onto a top folding white A2 card base.
I had some flowers and leaves left over from THIS card, so I added them to the "O" and to the stenciled portion.  I added some Essentials: Jewels here and there for some sparkle and shine as well as a sprinkling of glitter! I hope you'll come join us on the Facebook page and participate in the challenge! You still have a few days! Thanks for fluttering by!

10 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Kelly- now I need to look closer at those stencils! Thx for sharing this beauty!

I Card Everyone said...

Kelly I see nothing wrong with the placement - every last thing about this card is truly remarkable!
=]

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww....thanks so much, Michele! You're so sweet!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Wow! Thanks so much, Donna! You're so sweet! Have a wonderful day!❤

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I DO LOVE that framing die! ;) AND your stenciled flowers are WONDERFUL! I feel your anxiousness! I am the same way! But, I think the sentiment is fine! A SUPER JOB!!! ;)<3 I actually WISH companies would just keep it ALL on their sites! I have NEVER done Facebook, nor will I EVER! WISH things were just ALL IN ONE PLACE FOR CONVENIENCE! LOL

ScrapaDiddle said...

Again, one of the most gorgeous cards i have ever seen! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Stephanie Clapper said...

I think you created a beautiful card and I give you extra kudos for the distraction of your furnace repairman. Or as my youngest daughter would say, “ look at another way, it shows your strength and talent despite any distractions “. I love your colors Kelly! 💚😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Becky! I can understand what you're saying! I'm glad you stopped by today and thank you for your sweet comments!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Wow! Thank you so much!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks, dear Stephanie! You have a wise daughter...thank you for sharing!❤❤❤