Friday, November 27, 2020

The Greetery's Winter Wanderer Release Day

Welcome friends! I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday! We had a hiccup with the turkey, but it all got sorted out and everything turned out wonderfully! I hope any of your "hiccups" got solved as well! ha ha! Now that the hustle and bustle of the holiday is over, it's time to kick up your feet for release day at The Greetery!  Everything will be available for purchase starting at 10 AM ET!  I've created a bonus project to share with you today using many of my new favorites from this release!

I love that this release can be used for the holidays AND winter, but it transcends beyond for year-round projects! The sentiment sets alone have so many possibilities!
Don't forget about the sale in the SHOP that includes the NEW RELEASE as well!



And now...on to my project for today! I couldn't wait to try making some Macrame hoops like Betsy shared on Wednesday! I used it as the focal point on the Boho Banner accented with the foliage and flowers from the new Hoop Wreath stamp/die set.

To begin this design, I used Moonstone Glimmer Paste on a panel of Scarlet cardstock using the Berry Branch stencil that was released last year. I used it on my other Boho Banner card that I shared on Wednesday, but I did a tone-on-tone look and this one is much more vivid!

All of the pieces for the banner are die cut and glued together using liquid glue. I set that aside to dry while I got to work on the greenery and flowers.

As I mentioned before, I used the Hoop and Wreath stamp/die set. I love how it works so well with accenting sentiments and such. I added some extra color to the greenery with a Copic marker.

I used the Macrame Borders for the center of the hoop. The hoop is the smaller of the two that is included in the Hoop and Fringe die collection. The sentiment is from the Hoop Wreath stamp set and has a coordinating die, which I love, so I could float it over the macrame!

Everything was layered up onto the stenciled background using foam squares and liquid glue. I added some glitter to the greenery and berry/bud image using a 2-way glue pen. Of course, there's an envelope made using the Flappable stencil

 

6 comments:

Becky Green said...

LOVELY WORK, Kelly! This has a Victorian feel to it! QUITE LOVELY!!! ;)<3

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous arrangement and I love the sparkle background!
Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Happy post Thanksgiving! We’ve had family from across the country come to visit and while they didn’t stay with us, we’ve had a wonderful time! Everyone has done their best to be safe- soaps everywhere! Anyway, we had more than a few Thanksgiving celebrations before yesterday and since my hubby is Italian, we had spaghetti! No hiccups this year, just more garlic. Lol.
The Winter Wanderer is truly a fabulous collection, one of my favorites and it was a generous sale to boot! I’m so excited for my pkg to arrive.
Your card is gorgeous Kelly! Your background is stunning and your design with the macrame builders is so pretty. There must be too many different combinations to count. This is a very late comment as the night comes to an end but I was excited to see your extra card before I hit the hay. Thanks so much for sharing your card and a bit of your day.๐Ÿ˜Š
P.S. I was surprised my moonstone glimmer paste was dry and I haven’t had it that long. Somewhere I read a tip on YouTube about that but I was wondering if you’ve ever experienced that or have any handy tips. Thanks again & have a great weekend. ( end of novel!) ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’–

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh Stephanie! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day and no turkey hiccups (or spaghetti๐Ÿ˜‚). It sounds like you had a great time with your family! I've had the glimmer paste dry out at the top, but never the whole jar. That is so disappointing. I do try to keep the lid on very tight, which does require me to run it under hot water on occasion if the paste dries at the top. That's a bummer, though. I've noticed different jars I've bought of the same product have different "seals" at the top. For instance, this last jar I bought had an aluminum type seal and then nothing else in the lid, where others had a foam insert to lay over the top before screwing on the lid. I'm curious if it's a common problem so they fiddle with different options. You have a great weekend, too! We got the bulk of the Christmas decorations up, so know I just need to do the finishing touches!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Becky! You're so sweet!