Monday, November 23, 2020

Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale {Get Well}

Happy Monday, friends! I hope you're having a wonderful start to your week! I've got some "Get Well" tea pockets to share with you today using a variety of cardstock and inks that you can get this week at a discount as well as the stamps and dies! The sale will run from today at 12 noon until Wednesday at 4 PM.

Stamps: Cup of Love

Cardstock: Plum Pudding, Winter Wisteria, Lilac Grace, Spring Moss, Lovely Lady, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart

INK:Plum Pudding, Winter Wisteria, Lilac Grace, Spring Moss, Lovely Lady, Harvest Gold


The Cup of Love stamp/die set is so fun because you can use it as a tag, a gift enclosure, on a card. Today I've used it to create a little pocket to hold a packet of Lemon Ginger Tea with a get well sentiment. I die cut the main cup image from Plum Pudding cardstock and then glued it together on the handle portion and the very bottom of the cup. This allows you to be able to tuck a tea packet down inside with ease.

I added ink blending around each of the images using the coordinating ink to give it a nice shadow look. The "thinking of you" portion is die cut from Winter Wisteria cardstock and then I stamped the "Thinking of You" sentiment in black ink. This is attached to the cup base using foam squares for dimension. I also stamped the "Get Well" sentiment in black onto the cute tag, which is die cut from Lilac Grace cardstock. I threaded some white crochet thread through the tag and tucked it into the cup. I forgot to attach it to the inside before I glued the main cup together, so if you want it to be more secure, tape it on the inside BEFORE you glue the cup together.

The lemons were so much fun to make and so easy. I die cut the lemon part in Harvest Gold and then die cut a simple circle from Lemon Tart cardstock using a circle punch. I glued the two together and then added some Crystal Glaze into each of the lemon sections and then sprinkled glitter. I set them aside to dry while I got to work on the flowers.

I die cut some flowers from white cardstock and a few from Lovely Lady cardstock. I added ink blending around the centers and the white flowers for a more subtle, delicate look. I attached everything using foam squares and then added some white paint splatter and sequins. I tucked a small metallic spoon into the pocket for some added charm. I bought these at Dollar Tree a few years ago and I use them quite a bit for gift giving. I tie them onto the jars of Lemon Curd I make at Christmastime, too, which is such a fun little detail.  As much as I love Christmas projects, these were a fun distraction from that! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

7 comments:

Christy said...

This is so super cute! And a really good idea! When I’m not feeling well or just to wind down when it’s cold out, I love me a ‘cuppa’! Your blog is as soothing to my soul as chamomile tea.

Lisa Dolson said...

These are darling, Kelly! I bet you had fun making them. So sweet!

Stephanie Clapper said...

I love your cups in pretty purple, they make me feel better and I’m not even under the weather. ( I am thankful !) You have such a way with your flowers, that I can still remember the first cup you made! As always, I’m very happy 😊 I fluttered by.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Yes, for sure!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You're so sweet to remember!💕