Thursday, November 5, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio {Merry and Bright}

Hello and welcome friends! I'm over on the Pinkfresh Studio Blog today sharing this fun and festive Christmas card using a fun combination of products from the holiday release and I wanted to share it here as well! It uses a few of my favorites and some others that I hadn't had a chance to use yet...which are now new favorites! ha ha!

To begin, I stamped the gorgeous Winterberry Background stamp in black onto a panel of white cardstock. I colored it with Copic markers and then die cut it using the Essentials: Diagonal Stitched Rectangles. I've used this background a few different times, both heat embossed on colored cardstock and then colored with colored pencils. I decided to go for a more traditional look for today's design.

I die cut the oval, which is from the Merry and Bright die set, twice; once from red cardstock and once from white. I toyed around with leaving the oval open and having the background peek through, but in the end, this was less busy since I added in the critters and the gift boxes!

The black detail around the frame and the "Merry and Bright" sentiment are both stamped in black. I die cut the Merry and Bright portion twice so I could glue two of them together for a sturdy piece. I knew I would be popping it up and I only had small areas to hide the foam squares so I wanted it to be durable!

I've been loving any and all cards made with the Tree Trimming Friends stamp set but I haven't had a chance to use it! I thought today would be the perfect excuse to tuck these cuties up in the greenery in both corners. The greenery is also from the Merry and Bright set and is colored with Copic markers as well. This particular image also comes with solid images so that you don't have to color them if you don't want to! Since I had colored the background, I wanted to color these the same way to keep it cohesive!

If you look closely, you'll notice that the dot for the "i" is missing! This was intentional so that I could make it look like this little bear is getting ready to hang the star up there in its place! Doesn't he look cute reaching up there? The other critter is hanging an ornament up in the opposite corner!

I also haven't had a chance to use the fabulous new Gift Boxes Cling Stamp so I stamped it in red and added a trio of gifts here and there for added detail and holiday fun!

Before I added the focal panel to a top folding A2 card base, I added some crystal glitter to the background as well as the two corner clusters for some sparkle and shine! I couldn't resist adding a few Essentials: Jewels as well!

You could change up the colors on this one for a completely different look, but I love how it turned out in traditional colors! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Kelly! Your card is so pretty and all the details you added throughout the card made this extra special! ( Kelly’s Special Touches!) Where to begin? Your coloring is beautiful along with the oval stamping and your glitter here and there. The one I love the most is your critter reaching to hang the star on the “I” in Bright. That was the oh my goodness moment. It’s a card I can look at over & over! Thx for sharing on your blog!! 😊🌟

Stephanie Clapper said...

P.S. not sure why I came up as Anonymous, but the comment above is from moi’. AKA. Stephanie Clapper

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely ADORABLE...love it!! :0)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Marcia!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

LOL! Thank you so much Stephanie! You're so sweet!❤❤❤

Bree Bites Food said...

This iss a great post thanks