Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas {I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas}




Welcome to the last Keeping Christmas post of the year! Actually, it is with a heavy heart that I announce that it will be the last Keeping Christmas post period. When I began this series YEARS ago, it was at a time when I wasn't on as many design teams with as many commitments. Now, I make a lot of Christmas themed projects for each of the different teams, so my need isn't as great. I feel so sad letting this go, and maybe I'll bring it back in the future, but for now, I'm saying goodbye! Thank you to those of you who have been so supportive of it over the years...it means more than you will ever know! Love and hugs to you all! 
I have one last card to share with you today, but don't forget to head to the other designers' blogs to see their fabulous inspiration as we are heading into the homestretch to Christmas!


My card for today uses some of the new, yet-t0-be released stamps/dies from The Greetery! The new items will be available for purchase on Friday at 10 am ET. I will link any older products that I have used on today's card to eliminate confusion on the new vs. the old! A fun announcement in the graphic below! Wahoo!

To begin this snowy design, I cut a piece of blue cardstock to fit just inside the Postal Frames Die. I used the beautiful Frosty Flakes Stencil and some Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste to create the sparkly background. I set it aside to dry while I created the other design elements.

I explained in yesterday's POST how I put the dream catcher together and I used the same steps for this one. I added it to a die cut circle that has been embossed using one of the fun sentiments included in the Catching Snowflakes stamp set.

I also added some of the snowflakes from the Frosty Corners dies to add to the center of the dream catcher as well as the stenciled panel. I added a simple bough of greenery from the Hoop and Wreath stamp set with a snowflake for an accent.

I layered the entire blue panel onto the Postal Frame and then added that to a top folding A2 card base using foam squares for dimension. I added sequins and a sprinkling of glitter for a snowy feel.

I created a coordinating envelope using the Flappable Stencils that were released last year. It is such a fun and easy way to give your card that little something extra, don't you think?

The pens that I have been using in my photos for today's post and my other Winter Wanderer release projects are being released and sold on Friday as well, so you'll want to check those out! 

I kept things clean and natural for the fiber elements of this card to really give it a snowy feel, but you could play around with ink blending on the fringe and the dream catcher to create some colorful accents!

Well friends, this wraps up my final Keeping Christmas post, which makes me sad! Don't fret though, because I'll be sharing Christmas inspiration with each of the design teams I am a part of! Thanks SO MUCH for fluttering by!

 

13 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

Kelly, I have enjoyed your Keeping Christmas series sooo much through the years. Please, continue sharing your little sewing projects. They always get me motivated to get out the sewing machine. I love all your cards and appreciate your beautiful work. I will continue to follow you and wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing your creativity.💗💗💗

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card Kelly, I love the beautiful design. Thank you for letting me be a part of the Keeping Christmas.

Carol H. said...

Oooh this is so beautiful Kelly!!! So happy I got to be part of your inspirational hop this year! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Nancy Penir said...

Well you KNOW that set is going in the cart on Friday... adore, love, gasp at all your cards, especially todays! How beautiful. Winter wonder. And ditto, Nina... thank you for including me in this happy place called, Keeping Christmas! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Marcia Hill said...

While I am sad that this is your last Keeping Christmas post, I totally understand and will follow all your other posts to get my Christmas fixes from you! Your card today is just lovely and is definitely a set that will be going in my cart Friday morning! Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration you've given with this group Kelly...you are AMAZING!! Hugs. :0)

Tiffany P said...

I adore this! Your use of vellum and curving the sentiment is genius.

Vickie R. said...

This card is so beautiful! I love the combination of the snowflakes with the greenery!

blaze said...

Well, Kelly, I am sad that this is your last "Keeping Christmas", BUT I am a loyal follower, so whenever you post, you can bet that I'll be there drooling! Seriously, you have been SUCH a wonderful inspiration, and I have pinned so many cards of yours... and I haven't come close to CASEing all of that beauty. This is the very first Christmas that I am making every single card we send out, and ALL of them are influenced by your samples. That's a pretty good legacy! You are totally one of my favorites!!!

Stephanie Clapper said...

So many times I’ve said to my husband “ Kelly is so prolific, I don’t know how she does it!” You’re such a giving artist and I thank you for that. But we also have to have some time to breathe- once in awhile. ( oh no! I sound like a bossy friend! 🤭)
I can’t imagine it was an easy decision letting go of something you started. Keeping Christmas Alive has always been a fun surprise each month (kind of like Highlights for kids) with the variety of projects created by you & the team. A bit of winter magic, even in the summer and that definitely Keeps Christmas alive, especially in 90+ degree weather. Seriously tho, a big thank you to everyone who helped make the series, something to look forward to.
Speaking of looking forward, your winter “ boho” design is beautiful! I’m in love with the new Greetery release. There hasn’t been one card you’ve designed that I haven’t oohed and aahed over, along with your talent for writing. Your blog my friend, is a daily Joy! I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving! 😊💖




Kathy Mc said...

I’ve often wondered how you could keep up with all the assignments you have and always maintain gorgeousness. This card is no exception!

Dorayley a.k.a. Rae said...

This is another beautiful showcase of your wonderful talents! I am sad to see the series go and so glad you're taking care of yourself. We'll be here when, not if, you decide to comeback and spread your fabulous Christmas cheer! Hugs from Orlando, FL. ☀ 🌴 🏖

jan metcalf said...

Thank you for all the beautiful years of inspiration Kelly! Always look forward to enjoying your creative talents, whether a pretty layered card or a special homemade giftie!!

**** April **** said...

This is amazing!!! Love it so much.