Tuesday, August 4, 2020

You're not old, you're a classic!


It's always a good day when I get to use the Greatest Hits stamp set and Greatest Hits SugarCuts! I have two male birthdays coming up and this is the PERFECT stamp/die set for them.  It is one of my favorite sets and it's so much fun to play with!

I also paired it with the Musical Cover Plate which I dry embossed on the Aqua Mist panel. I placed the record right in the middle using foam squares. From there, I added the rest of the records using additional foam squares and liquid glue. I trimmed the one in the upper right hand corner with scissors to make it fit the panel.

I went a little crazy with the white colored pencil to give the illusion of shiny vinyl, but I really do love the effect! The record player needle arm is die cut out of silver specialty paper. I added a silver brad in the die cut hole and then trimmed the extra prong portion off with wire snips.

The sentiment is heat embossed in silver onto a strip of red cardstock. I wrapped it around the corner of the card diagonally for some fun detail. I used to use this design detail a lot, but have fallen out of the habit! It's always fun to bring old techniques back into the rotation.

I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment at the bottom using my mini MISTI and black ink!

Each panel is added to a red card base using foam squares for added dimension. I also added a trio of sparkling clear sequins for detail and shine. Even though these are male cards, I think for the look and feel of these cards, it works! I forgot to photograph the inside, but I added the "Hope your birthday is a hit" sentiment and another record. Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Who wouldn’t love this fun birthday card!? Your design looks so realistic- just love the records! 🎼😊

Cindy H. said...

What fabulous cards! They're just so cool and I love everything about them!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! It's such a fun set!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Stephanie!

Unknown said...

I love your card