Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio {You are my rainbow}

Hello friends! I hope you're having a fabulous start to your week! I'm over on the Pinkfresh Studio Blog today sharing this bright and colorful rainbow card, and I'm sharing it here as well! As soon as I saw this fabulous Pop Out Sunburst Die I wanted to try it in rainbow colors. The first time I used it, I went with a traditional sun look, which you can see on the next photo. I love how it looks both ways, and the rainbow was so much fun to create!

To begin this design, I heat embossed the Do What You Love background stamp with white powder and then die cut it using the Pop Out Sunburst Die. I used all of the fabulous Pinkfresh Studio inks on each of the different sections to bring this rainbow to life! I popped the pieces back into the frame and secured them with liquid glue and foam squares on some for added detail and dimension!

I love how the embossing pops against the blended ink! I've been dying to use the "you are my rainbow" sentiment from the Simply Sentiments Hello stamp set again, and this was the perfect excuse! I heat embossed it in white onto a strip of sheer vellum and wrapped it around the "HI".


Of course I HAD to add some Essentials Jewels in rainbow colors scattered over the card for added sparkle and shine! I love that these jewels match the ink so well!

You could try this same technique with other background stamps and different cover dies. I have been having so much fun with this on many of my cards recently!

I had so much fun creating this rainbow design! Thanks for fluttering by!
 

No comments: