Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sending you Sunshine!

 

Happy Sunday friends! I've got a busy week ahead of me and you'll be seeing the blog go from Summer to Fall before your very eyes! Before that happens, I still have summer projects that I'm wanting to share AND more summer projects I'm still wanting to make! How about you...are you ready for Autumn crafting, or are you still hanging on to Summer?  


I was thrilled to have been asked to be a guest designer for the Honey Bee Stamps Hello Summer release back in July! You can see my projects HERE. I fell in love with many of the other products from the release and ended up buying a few of my favorites! They've been patiently waiting for me to use them and I finally did! LOL!
For today's card, I used the fabulous Tropical Bouquets Honey Cuts to create this Summer-y design! I had originally planned on putting everything on a black panel, but in the end, this beautiful teal blue won! I love how well it complements the bright colors of the flowers and foliage!


I die cut everything out of white cardstock and then just used ink and blender brushes to give them their color. I also added some ink splatter to the Hibiscus blooms for added detail.

Before I arranged them onto the blue panel, I added some darker ink blending to each of the four corners to give it some added contrast. Once that was done, I added the leaves and flowers using foam squares and liquid glue to get everything in place.

I heat embossed the "sending you sunshine" sentiment, which is from the Wish You Were Here stamp set, and then die cut it with the Wish You Were Here Honey Cuts. I used the same cardstock as the background to give it a seamless look! I added it over the top of one of the leaves using additional foam squares.

The flowers each have a jewel glued in the center for some sparkle and shine. I also added some Nuvo drops here and there to give the card additional contrast. It helps balance the white of the leaves and the heat embossed sentiment. This was a fun "just because" card that I thoroughly enjoyed making! I think today might be the day to sit down and write out a few notes inside the rest of my summer cards! Thanks for fluttering by!


6 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors of the flowers and leaves against the teal background! Great color combo!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Denise! I hope you've gotten your movie! If not, it's headed your way and should be there shortly!

Pam said...

Very cute summery card. I'm in the middle of making your sunflower cards with the watering can but I still have summer cards to make too. Fall is my favorite season so I can't wait to get started on those projects. Love your creations and inspo!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Kelly, you are AWESOME! You are amazing! I love all of your cards! tu amiga en San Antonio, Texas/your friend in San Antonio, Texas..Marisela mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Stephanie Clapper said...

Yes, yes- I’m a Florida gal so I’m in love with Spring & Summer- all year long. I love your BEAUTIFUL cards! I’m so into stand alone dies these days, you brought your own tropical garden to life- no watering required! Seriously, I love your design!! 😎💖

jan metcalf said...

Always holding onto summer!! Your work looks like a watercolor, pretty deep color! Always enjoy a visit to your blog Kelly!!