Thursday, July 4, 2019

Inspired By...Decadent Strawberries {Smile...Happy looks good on You}

Welcome to this week's Inspired By Challenge! I hope you all have a fun and safe 4th of July holiday! Today I am sharing an elegant card using this week's inspiration photo and a potpourri of products!

I was inspired by the luscious pink metallic dipping chocolate, the pink swirls, the sprinkles and the baking cups. Honestly, I sat and stared at this photo for quite some time until I decided which design elements I wanted to use.

To begin this design, I taped a panel of watercolor paper to a mat board using washi tape. I spritzed it with water and then added a thick wash of pink Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi Pearl color. Once that was dried, I used an old Cuttlebug embossing folder with some filigree scroll work that reminded me of the strawberries. I absolutely LOVE to dry emboss watercolored panels! 

The way that baking cups are stretched in the photo reminded me of the awesome Essentials Braided Oval dies. I die cut the smaller one in white and then attached it to the embossed panel using foam squares for dimension. 
I used a portion of the Hanging Florals stamp set to curve around the the oval. I stamped it in black and then used an assortment of alcohol markers to color it. I also stamped the bow and colored it as well. I used the coordinating Hanging Florals die collection to die cut the floral piece and the bow.  I layered everything on the braided oval using foam squares. 
The sentiment, which is from the Oval Foliage stamp set, is heat embossed in silver onto black cardstock. I added it to center of the braided oval with cut notch at the end. I also added some pink and grey ink spritzing to the oval for some interest.


The finishing touch is a handful of Pinkfresh Studios Crystals glued here and there. I had so much fun putting this card together using the photo as my inspiration! I hope you get a chance to join us this week! I can't wait to see your card in the gallery! Thanks for fluttering by!


7 comments:

Danni Reid said...

Gorgeous card! I can see all the different elements of your inspiration beautiful execution I love it so much!!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Your interpretation of the photo is stunning and SO creative. Before I starting making cards, I made painted chocolates for 9 years. The pearlized metallic luster is so easy to apply on chocolate & is GORGEOUS in person. I'm in LOVE with your card and definitely going to try your technique of dry embossing watercolor panels. Your's is GORGEOUS! Hope your family has a Happy 4th of July!

JoAnn said...

Your interpretation of the photo made a gorgeous card. Love the pink embossed background with the pearl metallic sheen.

Conniecrafter said...

love the shimmer of the background and I just love the way you arranged the florals!

Nicole Parmentier said...

That background is stunning, love your card, very stlylish!

jan metcalf said...

Very pretty interpretation of the inspiration!!

Danni Reid said...

GORGEOUS!