Saturday, July 6, 2019

Countdown to Confetti Day 2


Welcome to day 2 of the Reverse Confetti Countdown to Confetti! Today we are showcasing 3 new stamp sets and coordinating dies that you're sure to fall in love with! Make sure to hop along to the other designers' blogs to see the way that they have used these fun new sets! As always, there will be a 15 dollar gift certificate given to one Facebook commenter and one blog commenter so make sure you leave some love along the way. 


I have 3 cards/projects to share with you today! First up is my favorite card for the day using the new set called Let's Shellabrate! That cute little turtle has stolen my heart so be prepared to see him a lot in the near future. I also paired it with the new Bubbles Confetti Cuts.



 To begin this design, I created the ink blended background using Distress Oxide inks. Once it was blended like I wanted, I spritzed it with some water to get some added detail. The Bubbles Confetti Cut is die cut twice out of white paper and then glued together using liquid glue. I attached it to the blended panel with liquid glue as well. I added the white stitched note that was die cut using theStitched Notes Frames. These are one of my favorite dies and I use them ALL THE TIME! This set the stage for me to get started adding all of the fun images.
I stamped them in black and then colored them using an assortment of Copic markers. Once they were colored, I die cut them using the Let's Shellabrate Confetti Cuts

I stamped the "you are turtlely awesome" sentiment onto a strip of Kraft cardstock and added it to the stitched note portion. I added all of the stamped and die cut images using foam squares. I also added some green Nuvo drops and some sequins for additional detail. 

Next up is a playful card using the new Hippo Pool Party stamp set. It uses the Bubbles Confetti Cuts as well because I love it so much. I created the background the same as the previous card, but I didn't add the water spray.  I stamped all of the images using black ink and colored them using Copic markers. 



I added the new Pool Confetti Cut to the card as well, which is perfect for this adorable unicorn floaty! I love it so much! The sentiment is heat embossed in white onto a strip of black cardstock for some contrast. 


I used the Hippo Pool Party Confetti Cuts to die cut all of the images and then arranged them around the pool. I also added a sun from the previously released Over The Rainbow Confetti Cuts because it is just so darn cute!


I added some Crystal Glaze to the dots on the umbrella and the sunglasses. A few dew drops are added here and there to mimic water droplets!

My final project of the day uses the new Lemonade Stand stamp set and the new Fold Over Tag Confetti Cut. I die cut the two tags from yellow cardstock and added a piece of yellow pattern paper to the portion that folds over. I really like this tag because it gives you a nice large space to write a greeting inside or decorate further, if you'd like!



These tags are attached to a bottle of lemonade. I think the heat embossed sentiment goes perfectly with this gift!


I also made a pink lemonade version attached to a bottle of pink lemonade, of course!  I had a lot of fun on today's projects! I hope you'll stop by tomorrow for day 3 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

Kelly, all three of your projects are fabulous. I always enjoy all of your details!

Kathy said...

Your three ideas are totally cute.....especially like the way the Bubbles panel is used!

Kelsey Thomas said...

Adorable cards and tags! :) I really like how you colored the turtle.

Sue D said...

Love these fun card designs and sweet tags!

sharon g said...

The tags are very inspirational/cute. I love the stands!

Dianne said...

So adorable!

Mary Reiner said...

Your cards and tags are darling! I love that bubbles die too!!

Amy C. said...

You've done an amazing job showing off these new products from RC. I love them all!

Kristen Snoozy said...

Love the polka dots behind this super cute lemonade stand! Great job!

Isabel Z said...

Perfect images for the summer and I love the cards that have been created with them.

Isabel Z said...

Perfect images for the summer and I love the cards that have been created with them.

Macimbalo said...

Your cards and tags are gorgeous!!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

These are all stunning! I love what you did with the unicorn floatie!

Dee Earnshaw said...

stunning cards

Lisa said...

SO adorable and fun!! Love all of these!

Elena said...

Very cute! Love all new critter sets!!!

TeresaC said...

Kelly!! Your bright lemonade stand fold-over tags are ADORABLE!!

janwolf said...

Your Lemonade Stand tags inspired me to order this stamp set and dies! The tags are SO cute!!