Sunday, July 7, 2019

Countdown to Confetti Day 3 {It's a good day for a good day}

Welcome to day 3 of the Reverse Confetti Countdown to Confetti! We're showcasing a beautiful new floral set called Bold Blooms and a perfect all-around sentiment set called Sentimental Sayings! Make sure to hop along to the other designers' blogs to see the way that they have used these fun new sets! As always, there will be a 15 dollar gift certificate given to one Facebook commenter and one blog commenter so make sure you leave some love along the way. 



To begin today's design, I just had some fun inking up some of the flowers and seeing how they looked with some 2 toned stamping. Once they were done, I used the coordinating Bold Blooms Confetti Cuts to die cut them and set them aside. I didn't get a chance to use the new See Through Tag Confetti Cut as much as I wanted during the last release, so I thought it would be fun to use it with these flowers.



I stamped the "it's a good day for a good day" sentiment in black onto the tag. I used my mini MISTI so that I could get a good impression since it is stamped over the diagonal stitched lines.


I cut a panel of pattern paper from the new Sun & Sea pad and added a strip of the blue polka dotted paper from the same pad. I added some zig zag stitching using my sewing machine and white thread.  I layered that onto a top folding A2 cardbase using foam squares.



The die cut tag is attached to the card front using foam squares as well and then I got to work arranging all of the die cut flowers and leaves. I added some white Nuvo drops here and there on some of the leaves. 

I added some sparkling clear sequins to the centers of the flowers and then a few below the sentiment for some additional detail and shine. I added a clip to the top of the tag rather than using ribbon or twine. I really like the dark balance that it gives to the card. Well, today is the last day of reveals, but join us again tomorrow for the new release Blog Hop! Thanks for fluttering by!

15 comments:

Sue D said...

Pretty colors, card design and I like the polka dots.

~amy~ said...

kelly, love your color choices and the addition of the see through tag! That clip is a wonderful accent too!

Isabel Z said...

Another great release!

Macimbalo said...

Love these flowers and that paper pack is a must have!

Kelsey Thomas said...

This is really pretty! :) I love all of the layering.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love the patterned papers and layers! And the sequins are the perfect touch!

Linda R said...

Love the layering and the colors you chose....very pretty card!

Deb Hardy said...

I love how you layered all the different elements on your card. Great design.

Susan R said...

Love your card. Colors are bright and cheery.

Dee Earnshaw said...

just darling

Lisa said...

Gorgeous colors and design!!

Elena said...

I love how you incorporated die-cuts and all embellishments on this card! :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Thank you for sharing.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

The 🌸 are gorgeous, lovely card! Thanks for sharing :D

Kristen Snoozy said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and layout