Wednesday, April 3, 2019

SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge

It's a new month and that means there is a brand new SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge! For those of you ready for some spring color, this is the challenge for you! I decided to use the cute Wagon Wishes stamp set paired with the Sending Sentiments for today's card. I felt like the flowers just bursting in the wagon would be perfect for the challenge!

I actually made 2 cards for this challenge; I am working on making a little stash of cards for an upcoming project that I am working on. I don't know if you remember, but last summer a few of us from the neighborhood made a bunch of cookies and went around to the houses where we didn't know who lived there and dropped off the cookies and a card. I am doing that again in a few days, so I am working on making a few cards to go along with the cookies.

To begin these cards, I did some Distress Oxide ink blending on panels measuring 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches. Once that was done, I spritzed them with water and Shimmer Spray. I also die cut the Large Striped Coverplate out of white cardstock and glued it over the top of the panels. As you can see, I decided to do one with the coral at the top and one with the coral at the bottom. I think I like the one with the coral at the top better, but I think both of them turned out nice.

I stamped the wagon images using black ink and colored them with Copic markers. I used the coordinating Wagon Wishes SugarCut to die cut the images. Before I added them to the card, I stamped the "sending" sentiment in black. 

I also stamped the "a little hello" sentiment, which is from the Wagon Wishes stamp set at the bottom in black ink. I added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the centers of some of the flowers for some added detail and dimension. I hope you get a chance to play along this month! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Adorable cards Kelly. That little flower filled wagon is so sweet. You likewise are so sweet for giving your neighbors baked goodies and a card... lucky neighbors!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you Debbie! You're a dear!