Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash Challenge {hip, hip, hooray}

I'm excited to say that I am completely finished will all of my graduation cards for this year's graduates! Today I'm sharing an unconventional graduation design for this month's Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash challenge! You can read all about the challenge HERE I don't own any Reverse Confetti "graduation" stamp sets, but I didn't let that stop me from making something fitting for the occasion! 
No photo description available.

 It's always fun to make graduation cards using the school colors of the graduate, so that is how I started off today's design. I felt like it would say "graduation" just with the school colors being present. I die cut the Triangle Cover Panel and then layered it over the top of the blue pattern paper from the Warm Hearts 6 by 6 paper pad using foam squares. I love adding a lot of dimension to simple cards to make them pop. 
I haven't had a reason to use the new Hooray and Cheers Word Duos Confetti Cuts so I was happy to use the "hooray" one for Today's design. I die cut it 3 times and glued them together using liquid glue. I adhered it to the blue tag base that was die cut using the Grid Stitched Tag Confetti Cuts.  l love how it pops out against the blue cardstock. Once it was adhered to the tag, I added a layer of Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top to make it shine. Since it is for a young man, I didn't want to add any unnecessary sparkle, but wanted to add a little bit here and there where it was fitting.


The three sentiment strips are heat embossed in silver and then added to the tag base using foam squares. Each of these sentiments is from the Word Up stamp set. I have used this particular set SO much since I got it! I just love all of the different sentiments that it has! It really made this card possible with each of these fun and perfect sentiments.

Once I had added all of the black, I decided to layer the entire panel onto a piece of black cardstock to give it a small border. I really like the definition it adds to the design. This portion is slightly larger than a standard A2 card, but the base that I layered it onto is just a standard size. I tied a bow of silver cord to give it some added detail. Stay tuned for the rest of my graduation designs, which will be posted shortly! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Liking the way you stacked the triangle cover plate!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!