Thursday, April 4, 2019

Inspired By...Speckled Eggs {Just for You}

It's Thursday and that means there is a new Inspired By Challenge! I've got four cards to share with you today, each one different, but similar! I'm still working on the small stash of cards that I mentioned yesterday and these four will be going there as well.

I use a lot of bird's nests, bird images, ceramic birds, etc.  in my home decor. People who come to my home really know that I like birds! LOL! Anyway, when I saw this week's inspiration photo, I realized how lacking my stamp stash is in bird/nest/egg images! I remembered that the Cloche Quarters: Spring Fillers stamp set had a little nest and eggs so I pulled it out for today's cards.

To begin, I ran all of the Cloche Quarters: Spring Fillers die cuts through my machine and then got to work stamping everything. I also die cut the bases and glass pieces using the Cloche Quarters Die set and stamped those with the Cloche Quarters Stamp Set. I chose all kinds of bright springy colors! 

I used the Shape Shifters Oval 1 die as a base to build all of the spring vignettes. I also used some Aqua Mist ink to do some ink blending to bring in the speckled egg look. I also used my color spritzing tool to add some speckles around the perimeter. 

It was so fun to arrange all of the different elements to create these tiny paper vignettes. I used a lot of foam squares to get a lot of dimension.

I used the Pretty Pastels 8 by 8 patterned paper pad for all of the backgrounds. This is one of my all-time favorite pattern paper pads! I just love using it in the spring! I hope you'll get a chance to  join us this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful cards!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! One again, I’m a little late leaving my comment, so much to do for a long distance wedding! I’ve barely used Cloche quarters but after May, I’m giving some little used stamps some real lovin’. I would never think to pair the ppl’s you used, but what a nice background they all make. Thank you for the pretty post, you DEFINITELY keep us inspired. Big time!

Patti H. said...

Beautiful cards, Kelly! So springy!!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Lovely!! Beautiful pastels!!