Monday, November 5, 2018

Countdown to Confetti Day 1

 
Hello, friends! Welcome to Day 1 of the Reverse Confetti Countdown to Confetti! I've been busy as a little bee working on all kinds of projects to share with you over the next few days! I'm in "handmade gift" mode right now, especially with Christmas right around the corner, so I have used many of the new stamps, dies, and paper to create some fun projects! I'll jump into all of the details of today's projects, but first, I want to make sure you get a chance to head to the rest of the Confetti Crew's blogs to see all of the clever and creative ways they have used the new sets as well!



My first project uses the new "drink more coffee" set. I think the cup with the heart shaped cream swirl is just so cute! While I am not a coffee drinker myself, this set has some really cute sentiments and images!



I decided to sew up a couple of "mug rugs" using some really sweet fabric I picked up the other day when I was at my local quilt/sewing shop. I bought two different prints; one for the front and one for the back. These were so easy to quickly whip up! The fabric was my direct inspiration for all of my color and design choices.

I made some cute tags to go along with the mug rugs. I used the amazing "grid stitched tag" which is also part of this release. The quilting on the tag is the perfect complement to my handmade gift. I also used this tag yesterday for my 25 days of Tags post! This is definitely one of those "must have" tag dies because of the amazing detail and the size. 


To begin, I stamped the mug image and colored it using Copic markers. I also stamped the saucer image onto a piece of the new "Winter Solstice" pattern paper and fussy cut it out. This pattern paper collection is by FAR my favorite that Reverse Confetti has ever put out! I am in LOVE! You will see that this week with all of my projects! LOL! I just couldn't stop myself! I also used a piece along the center of the tag as well. 



I heat embossed the spoon in silver for a more realistic look and then added some extra shading using a marker. I used the coordinating  "drink more coffee" Confetti Cuts to die cut the mug and spoon. I thought the flowers from the Elegant Florals stamp set complemented the flowers in the fabric nicely. I also used the "made with lots of love" sentiment from the Simply Sentiments stamp set. I thought it paired well with the style of the mug and said exactly what I wanted it to say!
 

For my second project, I really put that amazing pattern paper to good use! I've made many versions of this gift for many different occasions, but I must admit, this is probably my favorite because of the paper! I actually just used the exact order that the paper is in on the cover, as you can see! It is just so stinkin' cute! 


I also used the new "Christmas circles" stamp set to create some coordinating 3 by 3 cards as well as the toppers for the nugget sleeves. 


I stamped the different circles using an assortment of coordinating INKS and then used the new "scalloped bag & tags creator to die cut them out. I'll be using the scalloped portion quite a bit in the coming days, so watch out!


The cute scalloped tags reminded me of ornaments so I added some of the evergreen boughs from the Christmas Candles stamp set to give it that vibe. I hope you've enjoyed today's projects and I do hope you'll stop by again tomorrow for Day 2 of the Countdown to Confetti! Thanks for fluttering by!



24 comments:

Lisa H. said...

wow! you always blow me away with the details and sweetness to your projects. I love your style. these projects are fantastic and your highlight the new paper so well. I LOVE your wrapped nuggets.

~amy~ said...

Kelly! WOW you're a rockstar...seriously. All of your projects are simply pure perfection.

Kelsey Thomas said...

Those are really cute gift tags! :) Love how bright and cheerful they are.

Silvia Galloni said...

So in love with everything.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Your cards and tags today are AMAZING! I love how lush and vivid the tags look, and the cards are just super cute! beautiful design!

Amy Rohl said...

LOVE your combo of colors and stamp, Kelly! You make the best gift ensembles!

MadeByMeghanK said...

These tags are RIDICULOUSLY awesome! I love the matching ribbon!

Jennifer said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Your color combos are so awesome - love this release

jan metcalf said...

I adore your gifties Kelly! Always referring back to the sweet things you make and gift to others!!

Cindi said...

I can't tell you how much I love this color combo for Christmas!!!

Dana Kirby said...

Oh my goodness!! Everything is just so cute!! I love the colors and all the fun little gifts you created.

Marcia Hill said...

Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE coming to visit your blog?!! You have the cutest ideas and I always leave inspired!! Your mug rugs are absolutely adorable and I just love the matching tags!! Loving your nugget packages with the new paper too...SO cute! FUN post Kelly!! :0)

Kathy said...

Fun, fun, fun! Love the colors of your RC projects with the lovely fabric! Bright and festive.

Sue D said...

Thanks for sharing these pretty gift ideas!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

I can see why it's your favorite. So fun for so many projects all year long. Great new release. Love your tags. Just beautiful.

Tricia Barber said...

You are the QUEEN of homemade gift giving! You have the best ideas!!!! Fabulous details as always! Hugs!

Beverly Perdue said...

Oh my goodness! Love the beautiful color scheme and your nugget treat packages. I have made them before, but I just love the patterned paper and the tags. Thanks for all the great ideas and inspiration.

Patti H. said...

Such cute gifts & awesome colors. The Nugget treats are darling with the colorful papers & cute toppers.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love your projects! Great job.

Dana M said...

Wow, what creative and fun projects! Lovely designs and fabulous inspiration.

Amy C. said...

Fun new coffee set! Love your projects.

sharon g said...

WOW, your tags are just amazing. I love all of the papers you used, the colors, etc!!!!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome tags! Love the colors and layers! Fun treat packaging for the candies too!

Images of Christmas Ornaments said...

I love your gorgeous tag!