Wednesday, November 21, 2018

25 Days of Christmas Tags {Days 10-19}


I'm back today sharing days 10-19 of the tags I have made for this year's 25 Days of Christmas Tags! If you missed it, you can see days 1-9 in THIS post! I've had so much fun making all of these tags and I can't wait to see them dressing up all of my packages! It makes me want everything wrapped NOW so I can just stare at them all season long! I guess I need to do more shopping and less crafting!! LOL! For Day 10, I used inspiration from Kim Heggins and her sweet little winter scene she created on her card. I mixed companies on this tag. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and the paper and stamp set is from Lawn Fawn. I colored the image using Copic markers, die cut it using a circle punch and made some snow for Santa Bear's sleigh to coast down. The snowflakes have some jewels from Studio Katia in the centers for some shine. Santa's collar and hat also have some tinsel glitter to mimic sparkly fur! I added a red eyelet at the top and tied a bow of red Baker's twine. Easy peasy!


 I was inspired by Joyce Mehrberg for Day 11. I got this awesome set at Stamping Away so I was thrilled to use it for today since it is Winnie and Walter Day! I loved all of Joyce's greenery, so I used the same images to create a wreath using all of those sweet little sprigs and leaves. I also included a few snowflake images here and there for some added interest. To begin, I die cut the circle and then traced a smaller circle in the middle using pencil to use as a stamping guide for my foliage.
I stamped the word "JOY" in the center and then heat embossed the "this holiday season" sentiment in silver onto a red strip of cardstock. I couldn't resist adding a few white Nuvo drops here and there to mimic berries of some kind.

I chose to use the Tag Sale #4 die to keep up with the circle theme. Oftentimes when I am deciding what die to use, I hold it up against the actual metal of the die and realize that I like my design with gray. So..I used Weathervane cardstock for my tag. I thought it brought out the grey blue of the snowflakes and the silver in the embossing.

This is one of those projects that looks so sparkly and cute in real life, but it was so difficult to photograph. For day 12, I was inspired by Gemma Campbell and her sweet little penguin scenes she created on her tags. I decided to use the super sweet Gingersnaps stamp set that I used on another tag to create my scene. There's just something about pink, red, and peppermint stripes that gets me every time! I added a lot of sugary glitter and crystal glaze to give it the detail I was wanting.

The sentiments from Season's Greetings stamp set highlight all of theses sweet images perfectly. You can see many of the sugary details in this photo.

I layered it all up onto a white die cut rectangle that I die cut with some old Nestabilities dies. I like using these for tags, because they have lots of different sizes and it is easy to give added interest without a lot of fuss.

 I'm not the only one that used Amy Kolling's gorgeous tag as inspiration for Day 13; I've been able to spot quite a few here and there on Instagram, but it is just so festive and fun! This is my take on her sweet tag! This one was so quick and easy, but I really like how it turned out.


Once again, I used the fabulous MIx Ups Pocket Tags for my tag using Stamper's Select White Cardstock. This is my favorite white cardstock and I use it for pretty much everything! I used the Simple Gift Bow Die to create the big red bow. I love the realistic look you can achieve with this die. 


The gorgeous sentiment is from the Penned Elegance: Christmas stamp set. I only wish I could write this beautifully, so I love having this one in my stash to add these beautiful Christmas sentiments to my projects! I added a few {ahem...maybe more than a few} gems here and there for some added sparkle and shine.


This colorful tag was inspired by Stephanie Klauck and her gorgeous ink blended tag for Day 14. My kitchen Christmas tree has a lot of pink on it, so this one will be perfect on a present to go under that tree. I used the newly released Floral Fantasy stamp set from PTI for this tag. I embossed it in white and then did some ink blending over the top using Distress Ink. The thing I love about this particular set is that there are dies for the sentiments.

I splattered some white paint over the top to give it a snowy look and I loved how Stephanie did that on her tag as well. A few sparkling gems finish this simple, yet colorful tag off!

For Day 15, I was inspired by Helen Gullett and her gorgeous Christmas tree tag. I love the sentiment in the shape of the tree, so I decided to use this fabulous set called Let us Adore Him from Taylored Expressions. I was having difficulty locating my oval dies, which was irritating, but ended up using this one instead. It "barely" fit, but I like the shape it gives the tag. 

This tag was so easy to create using Taylor's 2 step design. I added a flannel plaid ribbon bow at the top.

And, as per tradition, a few sparkling gems finish this tag off! LOL!

This cozy tag was inspired by Ardyth Perrcy-Robb and her cute mitten tags. I wanted to keep the mitten theme so I used the Warm and Fuzzy stamp set to create a pair of mittens to add to my tag.

The tag base was created by using the Shaper Shifters: Square 3 die. I like adding different shaped tags to my packages for added interest. I used the Richard Garay Knitted embossing folder to create some added texture to the center of the tag. I added a dusting of white ink on the edges for a snowy effect. I stamped the sentiment onto a red heart that I punched out. A trio of white nuvo drops finish this easy tag off.


Day 17 is one of my favorites, but once again, it proved very hard to photograph! I used the cute bows from Jamie Gracz's tags as inspiration for this design. I used the MFT small bow dies to create the three paper bows. 

The tag base is created using the Pierced Feature Frames. I just left them connected and layered them up onto a white panel for stability. The sentiments are heat embossed in silver and are from the Floral Fantasy stamp set. I love this font paired with these cute bows.

The bows are attached using foam squares and then I hot glued 3 mm silver jingle bells into the centers for some holiday detail.
I put up 6 Christmas trees, but I only put presents under 4 of the 6. Each tree has a different feel and colors, so I love that I get to make all kinds of different tags to coordinate with each tree. This tag was made specifically to go on a gift under my Living Room tree. For day 18, I was inspired by Elena Roussakis and her sweet snowman tag. I love how her sentiment looked like a chalkboard, so that is what I used on my tag.

Once again, I created the background by using the Buffalo Plaid background stamped in grey using the Tag Sale 6 die as my base. I heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock using white powder to achieve the chalkboard look. I don't mind if white flecks are left behind because I feel it adds to the look. I created the wreath using a chenille stem from the holiday craft section at Hobby Lobby. I've been making these for a few years now, and I just love the look it adds to my projects. The pinecone detail as well as the ribbon are also from the holiday craft line at HObby Lobby. I love the quick details these give to my holiday crafting.

This is just a bonus tag because I was loving the buffalo plaid background so much. I linked it above. This was quick and easy and it uses some leftover holly from a previous tag.


The candy cane is from Hobby Lobby and I added a few white nuvo drops.
For day 19, I was inspired by Summer Fullerton and her gorgeous tag. I really like the plaid she used on her tag, so that is what I wanted to incorporate on my design. I used the Sending Joy stamp set for my card because it has gorgeous greenery as well as a plaid image. It was perfect for today's tag.

In my main level family room, I use all natural colors on my tree and in my decor, so I made this tag for that tree. I photographed it on red in the picture above, but also wanted to try it without red.


`I created another chalkboard sentiment as well as a plaid bow using the MFT small bow die. I added some zig zag machine stitching as well. The foliage is stamped in natural colors and adhered using foam squares. A few sequins finish up my final tag for today's post! I need to play catch up and get the last few days finished up! Thanks for fluttering by and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Sue D said...

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful tags.

Helen Gullett said...

Kelly... WOW they all are gorgeous tags. They bring so much joy and cheer. Thank you for sharing them.

Christmas Wreath Images said...

Thanks for sharing Christmas tags........... Christmas Greeting Cards