Saturday, September 8, 2018

Traveler's Journal: Project Journal

It's the 8th and that means it is time for some fresh inspiration for all of you Papertrey Ink Traveler's Journal lovers! You can see the rest of the projects on the Papertrey ink Blog. I'm super excited about today's project because it is something that I can't wait to use! I do a lot of needlework projects when I'm not papercrafting. I love this hobby because it is something I can do virtually anywhere! My favorite thing to do is to go outside and find a patch of shade and work on my projects, so having something portable is essential. In the past, I've just thrown everything into a small basket, but now, I have my own super cute handmade basket, coordinating pincushion and project journal that holds all of my "tools" needed for stitching! There are quite a few photos so grab a cuppa and enjoy!

I used the Traveler's Journal : Passport Cover Die for this month's journal. I love this size and it works perfectly to hold all of my things. I also used some of the new release goodies on the cover because I wanted something feminine and pretty. I thought that the Stitching Garden stamp set was the perfect choice for the cover. I patterned it off of THIS card {the second one down} from the August release.

 I die cut the "project" word 4 times out of Weathervane cardstock and stacked it using liquid glue. I didn't want to fuss with the tiny dot of the "J" so I just added a dot of grey Nuvo drops.{shhhhh} This particular word die is included in the Traveler's Journal: Passport Cover Die. I have been using these on each of my projects the last 2 months and I love them! The frame is die cut using the Frame it Out: Many Blessings from the Winter Wisteria cardstock panel that had been previously die cut with the new Scallop Stackers: Small die cuts. I just love the sweet detail that it gives the cover.
You can see how nicely it fits inside the {Flutterby} basket. There's also enough room for the pincushion, all of my thread that I would need for my current project and the actual supplies for the project. I also included the pink mini cutting mat which you can see in this photo as well. I also have a sweet little sewing notebook to jot down any notes or ideas that pop into my head while I'm lost in my stitching!

I purchased my fabric at the my favorite local quilt shop. The floral and green lining fabric is from Moda and the purple polka dot pattern is from Riley Blake. 

 The yellow portion is the actual journal that goes inside the purple cover. I used the Traveler's Journal: Typed Notes mini stamp set for the little sentiment that says "happy place". I thought it was fitting since escaping with a needlework project is definitely one of my "happy places". The rectangle is from the Pierced Feature Frames and I used both the frame portion and the inside piece, shown here. You'll see where I used the frames further in the post.
I stamped quite a few images from the Stitching Garden stamp set and then die cut them all using the coordinating Stitching Garden die cuts. I've used them throughout the project for continuity. I created my own pages using an assortment of Bitty Big Pattern Paper

 The first page is for these adorable embroidery scissors. I created a pocket using paper, vellum, and my sewing machine. Scissors are a must have for needlework! The "crafting" sentiment is from the Traveler's Journal: Currently stamp set. This is one that is being discontinued so grab it while you can! It is one of those "go-to" sets! 

The next page was meant to be decorative, but in the end it became an actual "usable" piece. I framed a scrap of the fabric I used to make the basket and pushed some pins through it. These are some adorable quilting pins that are from Riley Blake. The container is a snap shut box but it is in the shape of a mason jar. These are also tucked inside the basket.

The word "pinning" was meant for pinning things on pinterest, I'm sure, but it worked perfectly for this page! LOL!

The next few pages are to hold all of the different kinds of needles. I found these awesome "color coded" needles! Aren't they adorable? They are from Honey Bee! There are so many varieties that I can't wait to use! I didn't show the rest of the pages because they are all very similar, just different colors of needles! Ha ha!



I mentioned earlier that I made a coordinating pincushion. My mom made me one years ago and I just love it, so this one is patterned after that one, just slightly smaller so that it will fit in the basket. I used a Sweet Blush Button to add to the center.

This is one of those projects that kept a smile on my face from beginning to end and the joy is just beginning! I can't wait to put it to use! Thanks for fluttering by!


6 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

What a clever idea, and I love the little tote bag to carry everything in. My granddaughters use their bags to put all their special treasures in. I’ll have to make them little journals, too. Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love how you give so much detail for your project, really helpful! I am in trouble with this journal idea since I craft with paper, fabric, x-stitch and yarn...so I would need multiples! Where did you get those color coded needles???

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! I got them at my local quilt shop but they are made by bee in my bonnet.

Lynda said...

Love this idea! The way you used the journal is a perfect example for me, since I do a lot of stitching projects in the evening. Thank you so much!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Wow, wow wow!!!!! I'm in LOVE with your sewing book. It's beyond BEAUTIFUL!!! And so many card ideas swirled through my head while I was admiring your talented handiwork. I'm definitely coming back to this post for some inspiration to make my own AND cards. Many, many thanks for sharing. I echo a previous comment, I wish you were on PRO's posts more often. I LOVE your range of talent and work!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Whoops, I meant to say PTI, not PRO. Hugs, Stephanie.