Thursday, September 6, 2018

Countdown to Confetti-Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 of the Countdown to Confetti! I hope you enjoyed all of yesterday's projects that the team shared! Today won't disappoint, either! I have quite a few cards today using two of the new stamp sets and two of the new Coverpanels. Once again, I went a little crazy, so there is lots to see! Also, the other designers have come up with a lot of other fun ways to use these products, so don't forget to stop by their blogs and give them some love!
 Also, before I get too carried away, there are always prizes up for grabs....a $25 gift certificate to one blog commenter and a $25 gift certificate to one Facebook commenter. The Blog link is listed below and this is the link to the Facebook page:





For my first card, I used the new "Triangles" Cover Plate Confetti Cut. I'm so excited for this one because of all of the possibilities it holds! I decided to do some Distress Oxide ink blending to put behind the triangle panel. The leaves are all heat embossed in gold and then I watercolored them using Zig Gansai Tambi Watercolors.



The sentiment, which is also from the new Fall Foliage stamp set, is heat embossed in gold onto vellum and wrapped around the card front.

The leaves are attached with foam squares. I made SO many watercolored leaves that I decided to make a second card with them. I just love when happy things like that happen!

I added all of the leaves onto the card front and then used my paper cutter to chop off all of the edges that were hanging over. The sentiment is heat embossed in gold and wrapped around the card front.

I added a few gold Nuvo drops here and there around the leaves for some added detail.

I'm so excited about these next set of new products! The stamp set is called "Cotton and Thistles"! Once again, I just couldn't stop with one card! Both cards use the same colored jar. To achieve this look, I stamped the jar image onto vellum using Versamark ink and heat embossed it using white powder. Once that was cool, I sponged some ink onto the BACK of the vellum to get that blue glass look. I used the coordinating "Cotton and Thistles" Confetti Cuts to cut them out.



I used the new "Criss Cross" coverpanel on this card. It can be used in so many ways, but I just love how it looks behind the jar of flowers. Also, the sentiment are so wonderful! They are the perfect addition to my stamping library!


For this second card, I was going for the trendy "farmhouse" vibe that is so {annoyingly} popular right now! Did I just say that out loud? LOL! I do love it, don't get me wrong, but I just worry when something classic becomes trendy that it will somehow seem outdated later, when it is supposed to be classic, does that make sense? LOL! Anywho...I didn't mean to get off topic! 
The cotton and thistles image is stamped in black and then colored using alcohol markers. I also used my color spritzing tool and a brown marker to give it some of those realistic flecks that cotton blooms have.
I used the Geo Panel Confetti Cuts as a backdrop for the jar of blooms. I also created the barn/shiplap look as well by cutting pieces of cardstock and then inking the edges.

I added a bit of jute twine to the neck of the jar and finished the design off with a trio of sparkling clear sequins! Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. Join me again tomorrow for DAY 3 of the release!

18 comments:

Connie said...

I love your creativity! Beautiful designs and incredibly fine sets today!!

Sue D said...

Very pretty card designs. I like the backgrounds and special touches.

Jane Harrah said...

Some lovely cards Kelly. Love all the die cuts!

~amy~ said...

Oh my, absolutely gorgeous!

Debbie Rumpza said...

Beautiful designs!

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful projects! I especially LOVE the leaf ones!!! The watercoloring, gold embossing and inking are such a gorgeous combination!

Greta said...

Absolutely love today's new products which you've shown to perfection, Kelly! My wishlist will be growing!

Susan Watanabe said...

I do love kraft CS and even more so for fall cards. Gorgeous job on both of your cards!

Denise Bryant said...

Absolutely beautiful cards! I am excited about this awesome release!

Becca Yahrling said...

Your pretty jars of flowers remind me I have some blue vellum in
my stash that I should use. All of your cards are gorgeous! Love all
the layering and the vintage vibe of the inking.

Janelle said...

Wonderful cards! I love your muted color combos.

Unknown said...

Such a lovely coloring job and I love the touch of twine.

Heather said...

Oh, wow!! These are all so gorgeous!! I LOVE leaves and your cards using them are so beautiful. And the other two cards are just fabulous!! Love the background dies you used.

Kathy said...

All your Autumn cards are so pretty, Kelly! I love the leaves’ colors

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Great coloring and designs. Just lovely.

Melynn Long said...

I am loving this release-especially the cotton & thistle set. Your samples are gorgeous!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet, and your colouring is beautiful with such fabulous products!

Patti H. said...

Love them all, Kelly! Great use of C's strips to make shiplap!