Friday, September 21, 2018

SugarPea Designs Sweet 2 Repeat Blog Hop {You're a Wicked Good Friend}



Hello and welcome to the SugarPea Designs Sweet 2 Repeat Blog Hop! I always love this blog hop because it gives us a chance to use the new release products again! I used this cute cauldron quite a bit during the release, but didn't get a chance to use the rest of the included die cuts! I put them all to use on today's card. Also, don't forget to check out the rest of the designer's blogs linked below to see what they have created!

To begin today's design, I got to work die cutting all of the pieces from the Hocus Pocus SugarCut set and assembling them using liquid glue. I used glitter cardstock for the buckle on the witches hat, the moon, and the stars. I set them aside to dry while I got to work on the oxide ink background. I used three different greens to create the blended background; Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Bundled Sage. I also spritzed water and Shimmer Spray over the top and let that dry. Once that was dry, I die cut is using the Card Front Element Builders to get the scalloped edge. I also cut the white background piece as well using that same die cut set. It is definitely my "go-to" set for almost every card.



At this point in the my card, I really didn't have any direction of where I wanted to head to I just started fiddling with the die cut pieces. I looked at the buckle and sash piece on the witches hat and thought it would be cute to use a buckle of some kind on the card. I decided to make my own out of the same glitter cardstock and the Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles. I used the two smallest dies and nested them together to create the buckle. I used the same purple cardstock from the witches hat to stamp the sentiment which is from the Bewitched stamp set. It is the perfect sentiment for today's design. I also love that I can use this card as a thank you during October and not necessarily a Halloween card. 


I blended some Black Soot oxide ink around the edges to give it some greater depth and dimension. Once that was done, I adhered the large buckle piece to the card and got to work arranging the die cut pieces.
I used the stars on the cauldron rather than around the moon. I also didn't use the die cut bubbles, but opted to add some Nuvo drops for some realistic dimension. I  had a lot of fun putting this card together. Don't forget to stop by the other blogs for additional inspiration! Thanks for fluttering by!


26 comments:

Paula A said...

Great colors on such an adorable card.

Jane Harrah said...

love love love this card. The sentiment and the whole card are adorable!

Nunzia Carusio said...

Very fun card! Thanks for the tips.

Mrsfish02 said...

Hocus Pocus is one of my favorites in this awesome release. Great idea to add the glitter paper. Super sweet, no scary....

Karthikha said...

What a cool fun card! :)

Debbie Rumpza said...

How fun! Love your witchy card!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Wow what an amazingly cool design - love this card!!

Sue D said...

I like the framing of the sentiment, the colors and the sparkle.

MadeByMeghanK said...

What a great design! I love the bright colors and of course the sequins!

mumof4 said...

I love the sparkle on your card. So pretty!

Mary Holshouser said...

I'd be tickled to get this card.
Clever idea. thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Kim Heggins said...

this is so sweet...just the right amount spookiness!

Heidi Rees said...

Such a cool card! I love the scalloped edge and the belt, clever!

Cindy Holmes said...

FANTASTIC card! I really like the purple shades of colors and the greens and blacks too! And I just love all the fun that is going on with the card too!

Beverly Perdue said...

Amazing card! I love how you created the belt for the background and stamped the sentiment. I also love your choice of colors for the background and the added Nuvo drops and glitter. This is a great card to give a friend.

Becca Yahrling said...

That's a fun card and a superb design. Love it!

Cynthia Cole said...

Such a great Halloween card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great job.

Denise Bryant said...

Love this card! The dies are *awesome*!

LIZARD said...

This card is wicked awesome---I really like how you made the witch buckle and sash your focal point of the card. Your background colors are fantastic and the tiny bubbles in the cauldron are an especially witchy touch!! The sentiment works throughout the entire month and makes me think of my girlfriend from Conn. She used the word 'wicked' in most every sentence! Great job!

Andrea Hastilow said...

This card rocks ! Love the colour combination & this is my type of cards & subject, awesome work.

Mary-Anne V said...

This card is so wonderful with the colours and the layering of dies.

Leanne said...

A great Halloween card.

Heather said...

For having no direction for this card, I think it turned out beautifully!! Love the colors and the sparkle!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Your card is really cool! I love the colors you used, and how you used Nuvo drops for the cauldron bubbles. :)

Matt Haris said...

Wonderful design using glitter.

Crafticonnections
Azure Metallic Glitter