Monday, August 13, 2018

Papertrey Ink August Release Day 4

Welcome to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink August Release! I'm sure your wish lists are getting quite large with everything that has been featured the last few days!  I am beyond smitten with all of the new products that I am sharing with you today! They will be available for purchase beginning on August 15th! Don't forget to head to the Papertrey Ink Blog for all of the details of the release as well as see how the other designers have used today's products! I've jam packed a lot of new goodies into this first design because they are all just so lovely! The highlight of this card is the sentiment which is from the new Sentiment Staples: Thanksgiving.

It's no surprise how much I love a gold embossed sentiment, and today I'm showcasing it by using the "Happy Thanksgiving" portion on Kraft and then the rest of the sentiment is embossed onto vellum. I really like how it turned out....and the pumpkins and gourds...can we talk about those? I absolutely, 100 % could not resist adding them to this card. They are from the Simply Gourd-eous set that is also being featured today and I am IN LOVE!  I probably had more fun than I should actually admit stamping these colorful beauties. I've used them on my last card at the bottom of the post because I just couldn't stop myself. I sat down one day and just stamped and stamped and stamped! I used a few different color combinations which I will most likely share on some different designs, but the traditional ones are highlighted today.


The new Shape Shifter die is the perfect backdrop to highlight the sentiment. I die cut it three times and then glued the outer portion together. I left the inner pieces free because I wanted to bend and shape them organically to create some visual movement. I used dye inks and an aqua painter to watercolor the leaves, acorns, and berries.  I also used the newest Scallop Stackers: Small for some extra detail!


 I also couldn't resist adding some country charm with the Chicken Scratch Gingham paper
For my next card, I'm using a new stamp and die set called Frame It Out: Many Blessings.I decided to switch things up and opt for a non-autumn design for this one. It comes with a lovely wedding sentiment so I decided to create a wedding card. Once again, I used vellum and embossing on the sentiment because I just love the softness that it adds and I also didn't want to cut into the beautiful die cut frame.

 I used the new Scallop Stackers: Small again for this design, but this time I just used the outer portion without the cut outs. I love how you can mix and match each piece for a unique look depending your needs.

 The flowers from the Stitching Garden stamp set and I love them in this color combination.
 I used a lot of foam squares to raise up the green layer so that you could really see the intricate detailing of the die.

For my next card, I used the frame image from the Frame it Out: Many Blessings set. There are so many fun possibilities with these new stamps and dies. I used my MISTI to get the different green hues. This is a very simple design, but by adding in the different ink colors on the frame and gourds, it still gives the card a lot of visual interest.
I stamped the frame onto a piece of white cardstock that has been die cut using the Noted Simply Stitched A2 Vertical Die cuts. I used this on my previous card as well. I just love the detail it gives to the edges.

These are more of the gourds and pumpkins that I stamped using the new Simply Gourd-eous stamp set. I layered them at the bottom of the frame. I also tied a bow of twine and let it trail out.It reminded me of sprawling pumpkin vines!


This beautiful sentiment is also from the Frame It Out: Many Blessing set. I absolutely love the font!

This particular card would be fabulous to mass produce for the autumn holidays to send to your loved ones! I hope you have enjoyed today's post! Remember, everything will be available on August 15th at 10 PM EST! Thanks for fluttering by!

10 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Gorgeous looks! Love how you used the shape shifter Kelly! Must have those gourds!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love the design and layout of each one. I like how you did part of the sentiment on vellum. TFS

Jane Harrah said...

Love the cards Kelly and love the gourds. Also, the flower card, so soft looking. Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! I was so excited to see you showcasing the post this morning. Every one of your cards are lovely. Yup, even gourds can be beautiful when you're designing. Isn't Betsy a gem? Lately, I've been using a tip by Dawn and like you, I use the Misti to multi-stamp images that I love. Can't wait to see your designs with your"left-overs". Happy Monday! :)

.

merryf said...

Love your wedding card in those gorgeous colors!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three beauties, Kelly, but I especially love the layers on card one! Amazing with that elegant sentiment!!

Andre M. said...

Your cards are so elegant and the colour palettes look glorious with these products. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sandy M said...

It is hard to make a bad card with the stamps and dies of this release. Your cards are wonderful. Love the first one best.

Pat k said...

Love those cards, especially the first one! But then the cut out wreath is beautiful too!

Marilyn M said...

Love your cards, Kelly!