Sunday, September 16, 2018

Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash Challenge {Eeek!}

I've got a spooky card for you today for this month's Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash Challenge! I think I may have mentioned {a few hundred times} that I LOVE Halloween so I was excited to see that this month's theme included Fall/Halloween! Today's card features a fun way to use these awesome sentiments from the Boo Yea stamp set! I also have to give a shout out to my fellow Teamie Amy Rohl, who is also sharing her SYS card today. She used this same sentiment set in a very awesome way so make sure to check it out! I love it when a stamp set can be stretched to be more than it appears!
As soon as I saw the "Eeek!" sentiment, I knew that it would make a great spider body. I had originally planned on making some treat spiders during the release, but ran out of time. I decided to try a spider out on a card for the challenge. I picked up some orange and black chenille stems at the Dollar Tree when they first made their Halloween appearance this year and picked them up not knowing how they would be used, but they ended up being the perfect little spider legs!
No automatic alt text available.
I cut 6 pieces of stem and then bent them as identical as I could. I die cut two Midnight circles using the Bags and Tags Creator. I  stamped and heat embossed the "eeek!" one and then used the second one to position the spider legs. Once they were in position, I added the embossed one over the top using foam squares. I added a cluster of googly eyes for some extra "eek" factor!


The background is created by die cutting the Triangles Cover Panel and then layering it on top of a blended panel. Before I layered it, I die cut the square portion out of the background using the square die cut from the Bags and Tags Creator (linked above) and then used it to mount the spider. It really gives the spider added definition since the spider is black. The spider has a web of black baker's twine and is attached using scotch tape. I also heat embossed one of the fun sentiments from the Frightening Friends stamp set! This was such a fun card to make and sometimes when I think of an idea, I just have to make it or I will keep thinking about how it will turn out! I hope that my point came across! ha ha! Thanks for fluttering by and I hope you will join us with this month's fun challenge!



2 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

Oh, Kelly, you're too sweet! Thanks for the shout out, my friend!

Ok, so seriously, how adorable is this spider, and the purple background is just yummy! You are amazing!

Kelly Lunceford said...

You're welcome! I love your Halloween gnome card! Sooo adorable!