Wednesday, October 18, 2017

SugarPea Designs Release Week: Flurry of Warm Wishes & Pinecone Greetings


Welcome back to Day 3 of the SugarPea Designs Holiday Release! Today boasts two of my very favorite of the release! I know that I will be using both of these sets again and again! First up is a new set called Pinecone Greetings that I just adore! My mind is still reeling with all of the many possibilities that this set holds, but I just haven't had time to experiment as much as I'd like. So, I guess what I am trying to say is, watch out! LOL! I love that it also has a coordinating Sugar Cut
For this card, I heat embossed the large pine bough image using Nuvo Glitter embossing powder and then ink blended around each branch using distress ink. Once they were all blended, I used the coordinating Pinecone Greetings Sugar Cuts to cut them out. I arranged the branches into a wreath by stacking them on top of each other for a full wreath. The card front is a piece of stone colored cardstock that has been spritzed with Shimmer Spray. Once that was done, I got to work on the pinecones. I really love that they are a two step stamp for realistic detail. I diecut them as well and arranged a cluster around the wreath. The sentiment is heat embossed using white powder onto red paper and then adhered to the center of the wreath. I also added some white Nuvo drops around the wreath for some added detail.

My second card, using the new Flurry of Warm Wishes, was so much fun to make, or should I say "snow" much fun? LOL! As you can see, emboss resist is one of my favorite techniques and I love all of the many different results you can get depending on the medium that you use as your overlay. For this design, I chose to use pearl watercolors that I blended to get some new colors. I just love this color palette and you can see how much I enjoyed using pastels for this release, based on the previous two days of release designs. I also added one of the darling new images and sentiments from the first day of peeks called Eskimo Kisses. The little polar bear was colored using the same pearl watercolors for continuity.
No automatic alt text available.

For my second card, I used watercoloring as well, but with a simple layout to let the coordinating sentiments shine! I just love you can mix and match all of  the sentiments! 

Thanks for fluttering by! You can stop by the rest of the team's blogs for more amazing projects that highlight these fabulous new sets!

27 comments:

Sabrina said...

Darling cards!!

~amy~ said...

Oh my, love them all!

Sheri said...

So festive!

Becca Yahrling said...

I love the layering you did with the pinecones; gorgeous card!
And the 2nd card is just as beautiful; love the pretty snowflakes
and the gorgeous BG you created. They are all lovely.

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh my!!! Amazing cards!!! I'm totally in love for your colouring and all the details!!!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Thanks for sharing your creativity with us today - super sweet cards:)

Debbie Rumpza said...

Beautiful cards... love your watercolored backgrounds with the snowflakes.

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards! Thank you for the inspiration.

Stacey Kowbel said...

Beautiful cards!

Robin P said...

Beautiful cards. This release is awesome. I like that some of the sets compliment each other.

Lindar C said...

These are beautiful cards, I really like the layering pinecone set.

Jennifer B said...

Love love love these! I love the light blue color on the wreath!

bev p said...

Yes yes, YES! Love the red banner on the wreath against the softer non-traditional green. And what could be prettier than a watercolor background for snowflakes than watercolor+vellum+metallic thread. Beautiful. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Great cards, I love the design, dimension, and textures on the Pinecone card.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your ideas are brilliant!!!!

Viki Banaszak said...

Your cards are wonderful! I love the colors and designs.

Kim said...

What a unique spin on the pine cone card.

Izzy Scrap said...

Three beautiful cards and so creative ! Really love your pink watercolored background with those delicate snowflakes ! Even more delicate and sophisticated card with the addition of the vellum and twine ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring !

Vonmariedesign said...

Beautiful cards!! I love all three but your pinecomb wreath is stunning!!

Sue D said...

Beautiful wreath and I like the colors on the snowflake card.

JoAnn said...

Love the pretty, layered wreath and that adorable skating bear. All are so pretty.

Amy M. said...

I love how colorful your second card is - very pretty!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Your both cards are just fantastic !

Valerija said...

Oh my these are such beautiful and fun cards.

Iris said...

Such beautiful, intricate cards.

lritchie said...

Beautiful cards, all of them, love the snowflake stamp!

Deborah Kaye said...

Your cards are sweet! I really like the colors on your snowflake card!