Saturday, October 21, 2017

"Hello Fall" Spiced Cider Boxes

Before I begin, I just want to say thank you for all of the super sweet comments you left me during the SugarPea Designs Holiday Release! You definitely know how to make a girl feel loved! Thank you! Thank you! On that note, I've been sharing a lot of holiday designs lately, so I decided to switch gears and show you what I have been working on the last few days. I fell in love with this adorable Autumn Scarecrow stamp set when it was released back in August, but I just ordered it and couldn't wait to create something festive to give to my boys' teachers. I've revisited my old classic cider box, which I haven't made in a few years. I actually looked to see if I had a tutorial for it here, but I guess I never posted one. If you are interested, I will post one as well as the tag box from my previous post. 
I actually ended up by making 4 identical boxes. Each one has 4 packets of spiced cider inside for a fun, Fall treat! To begin, I cut all of the pieces that I would need for each box using the AutumnScarecrow Diecuts. I colored them with Copic and Prismacolor markers and then paper pieced the scarecrow's jacket using some plaid paper from Authentique that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. The paper for the outside of the boxes is also from there. I used a portion of the paper that looked a little bit more "worn" than the other sections so that the jackets would look a little more realistic. I just love how they turned out! 

I attached the ribbon on the sides of the boxes using ScorTape and then hot glued some coordinating buttons on the side for added stability. 




I love how you can add jack-o-lantern faces to the pumpkins or leave them plain. I couldn't resist adding these smiles to the pumpkins! Heather always blows me away with her fabulously styled sentiments. I know that Fall has been in full swing for about a month now, but hey, it's never too late to say a proper "hello"! LOL!

I adhered all of the die cut pieces to the oval backdrop. In order for the boxes to open, I added just a few foam squares to the top of the oval and added them to the front flap of the box. I always used self-adhesive velcro dots as closures for these types of boxes. I'll be sharing some Halloween projects this coming week as well, because it's one of my favorites and I'm feeling like I have neglected it! Ha ha!

4 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

What a cute idea! I’d love the directions to make the little boxes. They would be cute for Christmas cocoa, too. Thank you for sharing.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I would love the tutorial for the boxes as well. These are so adorable and are perfect for teacher gifts!

lritchie said...

Such a great fall project, beautiful!

jan metcalf said...

Super cute!