Monday, October 23, 2017

Merry Monday #262 Thank you for the gift!

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! We had Fall Break so the kids were home from school which meant we had some fun and rested some as well! Days off are always welcome here and there to recharge our batteries! I have a very simple card this week for the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge! You can check it out HERE as well as see the other designer's cards!
Linda is asking us to add a gift to our Christmas cards this week! This photo actually inspired me to make my entire card front as my "gift". I was also thrilled to use this vintage Christmas wrap pattern paper that my sister gave to me last year. I thought the kittens with the gifts were absolutely perfect as well!

For being a simple card, I really did struggle with it. I wanted that cat to be front and center, but then it meant the tag would be in front of the cat. I messed with the ribbon more times than I wanted to admit, but in the end, put it back where I had it originally and just let the tag hang down a bit more.



I thought it would be fitting to use the "thank you for the gift" sentiment on my "gift wrap" card. It is from the Painted Poinsettia stamp set, which I have yet to use the actual poinsettia image. I have made a lot of Christmas cards this year, so I thought it would be nice to make a few thank you cards as well. I actually don't want to make too many of those either, because that is what I do AFTER Christmas when I'm feeling sad about putting everything away! LOL!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is really cute Kelly. I think the tag and cat worked out beautiful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love how you made the card front a present, Kelly - so gorgeous with the velvet bow!!

Jean said...

A fantastic combination - that sentiment is stunning!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! Love that adorable kitty paper. Your ribbon and tag are perfect. Thanks!

JoAnn said...

Great idea and such a sweet card with that adorable kitty.

Susan Joyce said...

Love your card Kelly, totally delightful!

Linda said...

Kelly, great idea to make your card a gift. Such adorable pattern paper. Lovely card.
Hope you have a great week.

Kim Heggins said...

So clever and so sweet. Love your adorable patterned paper!

SewPaperPaint said...

I always love a good "gift" card design. This is exquisite! Hugs, Autumn

Marcia Hill said...

What a FUN and great card Kelly...love that you wrapped your card up like a gift and how purrrrfect is that DSP?!! Hope you're having a great week! :0)

Lady Joyful said...

So fun turning your card into a gift itself! And that paper is just adorable!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

STUNNING! Love the attention you put into the details!

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty Kelly, I love your beautiful bow and the cute papers.