Thursday, September 21, 2017

Thinking of Autumn

I can't believe tomorrow is the first day of Fall! How did that happen? I'm still reminiscing of beach days and sunshine. I thought I'd put myself in an Autumn mood and create a few cards that I need to send out this month. I'm slowly working my way through my birthday stamps and I chose to use the floral image from Happily Ever After and the sentiment from Fancy Floral



I chose to heat emboss the floral image onto some watercolor paper using gold powder. I have been using SU!'s "Gold Glory" embossing powder that I have had forever, but it is almost gone. Anyone out there have one that they love more than another? I am totally up for some suggestions! 
Once they were embossed, I used some "Bravo Burgundy" reinker to watercolor the floral images and some "Always Artichoke" reinker for the leaves. I thought it seemed like early Autumn. On this particular card, I used some Nuvo Glaze on a few petals and leaves. I really like how it turned out. I wasn't as happy with the embossing on this particular card, so I decided to use it as my guinea pig for experimentation! LOL!





This ended up being my favorite of the two. The sentiment is heat embossed onto a strip of Kraft cardstock using gold powder as well. I cut it at an angle and then added it to the floral piece using foam squares.
Rather than adding glaze to this particular card, I chose to use some Wink of Stella on the flowers and leaves for some sparkle and shine. I also added some Bright Gold Nuvo Drops here and there around the floral arrangement.





I took a risk and added a few Sparkling Clear sequins in addition to the nuvo drops, but I really like the sparkle that it adds to the design.






You can see the crystal glaze on the leaf in this photo. I just love how it looks on top of the embossing. The finishing touch is a few splatters of "Close to Cocoa" ink using a Color Spritzing tool. I just felt that the white space needed a little warmth. Thanks for fluttering by and Happy Autumn!

4 comments:

Cindy Lyles said...

so gorgeous - absolutely beautiful!!!

Sue Crease said...

Just beautiful cards. Love your embossing and not a wobble in the paper anywhere. Beautiful. X

Debra said...

Your cards are beautiful! Love the embossing and the glaze. Can't see it a lot but I know it's there :) You have been doing more crafting than I have lately!

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

Happy Autumn to you too! I love both of these - beautiful color choices and I like the added nuvo drops. Thanks.