Thursday, September 21, 2017

Thinking of Autumn

I can't believe tomorrow is the first day of Fall! How did that happen? I'm still reminiscing of beach days and sunshine. I thought I'd put myself in an Autumn mood and create a few cards that I need to send out this month. I'm slowly working my way through my birthday stamps and I chose to use the floral image from Happily Ever After and the sentiment from Fancy Floral



I chose to heat emboss the floral image onto some watercolor paper using gold powder. I have been using SU!'s "Gold Glory" embossing powder that I have had forever, but it is almost gone. Anyone out there have one that they love more than another? I am totally up for some suggestions! 
Once they were embossed, I used some "Bravo Burgundy" reinker to watercolor the floral images and some "Always Artichoke" reinker for the leaves. I thought it seemed like early Autumn. On this particular card, I used some Nuvo Glaze on a few petals and leaves. I really like how it turned out. I wasn't as happy with the embossing on this particular card, so I decided to use it as my guinea pig for experimentation! LOL!





This ended up being my favorite of the two. The sentiment is heat embossed onto a strip of Kraft cardstock using gold powder as well. I cut it at an angle and then added it to the floral piece using foam squares.
Rather than adding glaze to this particular card, I chose to use some Wink of Stella on the flowers and leaves for some sparkle and shine. I also added some Bright Gold Nuvo Drops here and there around the floral arrangement.





I took a risk and added a few Sparkling Clear sequins in addition to the nuvo drops, but I really like the sparkle that it adds to the design.






You can see the crystal glaze on the leaf in this photo. I just love how it looks on top of the embossing. The finishing touch is a few splatters of "Close to Cocoa" ink using a Color Spritzing tool. I just felt that the white space needed a little warmth. Thanks for fluttering by and Happy Autumn!

6 comments:

Cindy Lyles said...

so gorgeous - absolutely beautiful!!!

Sue Crease said...

Just beautiful cards. Love your embossing and not a wobble in the paper anywhere. Beautiful. X

Debra said...

Your cards are beautiful! Love the embossing and the glaze. Can't see it a lot but I know it's there :) You have been doing more crafting than I have lately!

Unknown said...

Happy Autumn to you too! I love both of these - beautiful color choices and I like the added nuvo drops. Thanks.

Karen's Kreative Korner said...

I love your cards so much that I looked to buy the flower stamp and can't find it by that name. Any ideas?

Kelly Lunceford said...

Hi Karen, thank you! I'm so glad you like it. I've linked the website where I bought it, you just need to click on the name of the set. I've also linked the set with the sentiment as well.I double checked the links to make sure they are working and they appear to be. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.