Monday, September 18, 2017

Merry Monday #257 {Love from our House to Yours}


It's Monday and that means it is time for a new Merry Monday Challenge! I am so excited to be getting a head start on all of my holiday cards! 
                                               
This week, Sue has challenged us to add a decorated tag to our cards using texture, bling, and die cuts! Sounds fun, right? It is! You can find out about all of the details HERE and see how the rest of the team incorporated tags into their designs!
To begin, I die cut a postage looking piece using the "Post and Parcel" kit from Papertrey Ink. It has been discontinued, but it is one of my favorites! I sponged some Peacock Feathers distress ink onto the die cut and then layered it with different die cut pieces from the kit. I just love the vintage vibe, especially the bird pulling the bow!




After all of my bits and pieces were attached, I tied some red ribbon onto the tag and then a bow of True Black Baker's Twine and a red jingle bell. I usually buy a few packs of all of the jingle bells at the Dollar Tree as soon as they come out. I am sure it will happen any minute now! LOL!






The tag is attached to a piece of red card stock using foam squares and then adhered to the dry embossed piece. 





The finishing touch is a few drops of "Duck Egg Blue" Nuvo drops here and there for some added detail. I also added some Nuvo glaze to the ornaments in the arrangement on the mailbox. Thanks for fluttering by!

9 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love the layers.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the postage stamp tag with all its layers! Gorgeous atop that embossed blue background!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Such pretty layers for this beauty!

Marcia Hill said...

What a FABULOUS card Kelly!! You put all your layers together just beautifully and I really love the vintage feel to this card/tag! Hope you have a wonderful week!! :0)

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome Christmas card Kelly, love all of the design elements, just beautiful! I think you rocked the challenge this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

I am in love with the peppermint red and ice blue colors!!!!! Kelly, your details are gorgeous to the ( I'm jealous I do not own) pine embossing folder, to the luxurious Nuvo droplets!!!

Lady Joyful said...

Really pretty card. The colours are fabulous!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the tag with all the little bits and the pretty embossed blue background.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Ooooooooooohhhh - stunning!!!!!!!!