Sunday, August 20, 2017

You make this world better!

I've got a couple of cards to share with you today. My daughter has been getting after me because we don't have ANY masculine cards for her to take to school for the Hope Squad. I thought this blue card with the globe seemed masculine, but my daughter informed me that the heart made that idea null and void! ha ha! Oh well...I tried! I decided to make the next attempt plain and simple. She said it was good, so yay!(scroll down to see that one)
I actually made this card for THIS challenge, but it ended up by not working because I added the silver so I decided to save it to share later. I didn't anticipate it being THIS much later! 
I used Concord and 9th's Globe Greetings Bundle for this card. It is becoming a fast favorite! I just love how many different kinds of cards you can make with it. The background was created by watercoloring a piece of 140 lb cold pressed watercolor paper using Zig Gansai Tambi Kuretake Pearl Watercolors and then ran it through my cuttlebug for a fabulous dry embossed effect. You can see a few other examples of this on THIS card, THIS card and THIS card. It really just changes the whole look of the watercolor paper! It is a very fun and addicting technique. The heart was left over from the second card I linked above. It has been so nice having left over pieces to add to different cards here and there.
This card is very simple in design and execution for a nice masculine result. I used the You are Loved stamp set for this card, and this set was the inspiration for the entire project that my daughter and I are working on. I chose to create a background using several of the included images. 



I placed all of the images together onto an acrylic block so that I could just stamp one row at a time. It worked out so nicely that way and went very quickly! Once that was done, I was able to color the stars and the world images using Copic Markers.



I also added some Wink of Stella over the top of the world images for some shine. The sentiment strip is heat embossed using white powder onto black paper. Also, I DID add some Nuvo Crystal Glaze after the fact and it looks incredible! I added it after I took the pictures. Oh well! Super simple but hopefully the boys will like it! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the globe card Kelley!! Love them both but the globe stands out for me.