Monday, August 14, 2017

Color Throwdown #455-You are the Sweetest!

I just couldn't resist making something for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge. I also couldn't help but making an ice-cream card as well using the new Summer Swirls stamp set from Altenew that I got a few weeks ago. It was the perfect set for these sweet, summery colors!



                                  




To begin, I sponged some distress inks onto a piece of Bristol paper for a smooth blend. I wanted to recreate the look of three scoops of ice-cream to mimic the look of the cone on top of the ice-cream truck. Once that was done, I spritzed it with some water and some shimmer spray. I really like how it looks sugary and sweet! I set it aside to dry so that I could work on the rest of the card elements.
I colored the truck and the  ice cream cone on top using Copic Markers and a little Wink Of Stella for some added shine. The windows on the truck have some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to make them look realistic. I normally would use Glossy Accents, but I was wanting to try the glaze to see how it compares. Here is my result; the crystal glaze is much thinner in consistency than Glossy accents. It says to test before use, which I ignored the first time I used it and regretted it. It feels different so it is important to "test first". Ha Ha!I diecut the colored images using the Summer Swirls Die Set.
I adhered the focal panel to an A2 card base and then stamped the "you" sentiment using Palette Black ink. I thne added the die cut pieces using foam squares. The black sentiment strip was added using foam squares as well. I heat embossed it using white powder for a nice pop.





I sponged the same colors onto one of the ice cream cone images for the inside. 



I added some Raspberry Pink Nuvo Drops here and there as well as a trio of Sparkling Clear Sequins. Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. I have a STACK of cards that need to be photographed as well as a few fun teacher projects I have been working on. I also got a STACK of new stamps to play with as well. 

4 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my WORD. This card is just PERFECTION! I literally LOVE every single thing you create! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this card...inside and out! Not only did you rock the colors but the inspiration photo as well! So glad you were able to join us at Color Throwdown this week!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful card, Kelly! Love your colors! xx

Anonymous said...

So cute but again, I am not so good with cute. Love what you did and the colors! Glad to see you are back in the groove!