Saturday, August 19, 2017

Inking about you!

I mentioned earlier that I have a stack of cards to photograph. I finally got it done and I am ready to share them. This is the last of my "water park" inspiration cards. LOL! I think I am FINALLY ready to move on and make some Fall cards. We've had a few "coolish" days that have me thinking Autumn thoughts and the kids are headed to school on Wednesday. I'm glad we've had a fun summer without any regrets! 
This particular color scheme and blocking was inspired by a pair of swim trunks. I really liked the colors and the proportions...I thought it would make a nice card. I absolutely love this little octopus image from the Seaside stamp set from Reverse Confetti. The sentiment is so cute as well! This particular design will be added to the stack that will be headed to my daughter's school for the Hope squad.
To begin, I figured out the measurements of the different pieces of cardstock and adhered them to an A2 white card base. I also die cut a white circle using a nestabilities die and dry embossed it with an old Cuttlebug embossing folder. I just love the bubbly effect it gives the card. The sentiment is heat embossed in white onto a strip of vellum and adhered to the card using some adhesive behind the turquoise octopus. 
Each octopus is stamped and die cut using the coordinating Seaside Confetti Cuts. I also wanted to add some extra detail with some white Nuvo Drops. Unfortunately, they picked up the color of ink that they were stamped on so they have a tone on tone effect, rather than white, but I still like the result. 





I added the die cut pieces to the card using foam squares and then added a few more Turquoise Nuvo Drops for some extra detail! I also added some Sparkling Clear sequins to finish it off. Super easy and fun! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card...love your wonderful under the sea scene!

Anonymous said...

You come up with some great ideas. I can never think how to use "cute" stamps. You do great.