Thursday, August 10, 2017

Teachers make the world a better place!

I've been busy as a little bee collecting all kinds of wonderful Back-to-School gifts for my boys' teachers this year. The dollar section at Target had a fabulous selection of rainbow teacher school supplies that I picked up! I knew that I HAD to make some fabulous rainbow cards to match everything! This card was originally made for The Challenge, but with sadness, last week was the last challenge! Sniff, sniff! I had so much fun participating and being part of a team again! I wish Lesley all the best as she juggles her creative life and taking care of her adorable, sweet new baby! If anyone understands needing to minimize, it is me!
My generous sister gave me the entire collection of the new Distress Oxide inks for my birthday and I was DYING to get inky. I had to wait because of other commitments which was torture, but I FINALLY got a chance to play! The challenge was a sketch challenge, so that is what all of the layers and tabs reflect. To begin, I started with the ever amazing and useful Teach and Inspire stamp set from PTI. I absolutely love it and use it ALL THE TIME! I created a rainbow of colors, but not in rainbow order on the focal panel. I wanted to give it a whimsical and fun feel. I just love how the chevron image looks like a book being opened. I gave it a light spritz or two of Shimmer Spray. After that was all dry, I mounted it onto a panel of True Black Cardstock to make it all POP!
I added a few Rainbow Sparkle Jewels here and there on a few of the different color sections for some added sparkle and shine. I am seriously in love with them, as those of you who visit often already know!
The heart embellishments on the "tabs" are leftovers from THIS card and they worked out so well on this card. I added some Glossy Accents because it just looks amazing and adds even MORE shine! If you're interested in how I made them, check out the card that I linked earlier.
I was loving the new colors of Distress Oxide inks so much that I decided to create a coordinating blended background. I used the same colors as I did in the focal panel, but this time in rainbow order. The colors I used are: Candied Apple, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, (Salty Ocean in the focal panel) and Picked Raspberry. After I had blended the background, I spritzed it with water and shimmer spray for optimum oxidization.
I hadn't planned on so much black, but it really made sense to mount it all onto an A2 card base to frame all of the other black layers. I think this design will coordinating perfectly with the gift baskets that I have put together for the teachers. Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: