Friday, April 10, 2015

Sail away, Baby Boy!

 If you will recall when I made this card, I mentioned that I would be making some handmade baby items to go along with it. Well...I finally got them done. Emma and I ended up by missing the shower, so my deadline was no longer pressing and I procrastinated.  In the end, I had a lot of fun putting everything together...I don't know why I procrastinate SO much!  I did, however, reduce the amount of work for myself. I bought fabric to make 3 different bow ties but only made one. The main part of the gift was a pair of shorts, a golf style shirt and a Carter's romper. Each of the outfits will look darling sporting a tiny bow tie and these adorable sailor booties!




 I made a quick label to go on top of the box I gussied up for the shoes. I just used the same papers and everything that I used for the card so it was quick and easy, but has a nice boutique feel! Just what I was going for!  The stamp set is "Bitty Baby Blessings" from PTI.






 The bow tie was easy to make and the funnest part is packaging it up. Again, I used the same paper as the card for continuity.  If anyone is interested in a bow tie tutorial, I can add one on my other blog.  I have taken a few different ideas and come up with some of my own As a mom of boys, I have learned what works best for us!  I'd love to share some of my tips and tricks!





 I normally would post all of these items on my Thimbles and Thread blog, but since most of these things were made using my stamping supplies, I opted to post them here, too. I might get around to posting something over there as well, Or...maybe I'll procrastinate! LOL!



Anyway, you can see these super cute sailor shoes I made. They were made using the die cuts from PTI which makes it super easy. I can't wait to make up more of these fun shoes. Since these are my first try, I kept them super simple and only added a button for detailing. Now that I have worked out a few of the kinks, I will try some of the other die cut options that I also bought. The felt is from MFT and the floss is DMC. Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

adorable! and I love how it all flows together. I have decided I just have to get that PTI die set for the shoes now! I have some baby showers coming up and these would just be adorable.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable combination. Love the card and the booties!

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.