Friday, April 24, 2015

Ahoy...it's another baby boy!

 I realized that the title of my post might seem as though I have something to announce. Rest assured, I don't! LOL! I just have some more nautical baby projects to share with you.  I'm helping with a baby shower tonight and the theme is "under the sea/nautical" so I thought I would make a gift to match the theme. I also made some of the decorations that I will share once I get them all set up at the shower. It's not at my home, so hopefully I can get some good shots without seeming like a freak! Ha Ha! I have made a lot of sewn projects here that you can see if you are interested.
 I found this awesome ribbon at Hobby Lobby with the gold printed anchors. I just love it and helped me pull in so much gold, especially the embossed gold sentiments that I love!
 I also added some decorative tape to the bottom as well. I like using this on baby projects for some reason. Someone asked me recently which brand it was: It is Creative Co-Op. Hope that helps! My mom gave it to me for Mother's Day last year and I have no idea where she picked it up.
 I also found the anchor embossing folder at Hobby Lobby and I just love it. I used it for the favors as well, which I will have to share later because while they are all cut, folded and ready to go, I can't fill them up yet since they will have swedish fish in them and I don't want them to get hard. I will share them after I get them completely done!
 I thought it would be fun to make a "ship in a bottle" type tag for the gift basket.  I was originally going to make a origami paper boat, but decided to just use the stamp for cohesiveness. I think it turned out quite cute. The wave image is from "The Cat's Pajamas" and I stamped it onto two different pattern papers and trimmed it out. The cloud image is from PTI's "Little  Hot Rod" set. I added some gold sequins and seed beads for some shaker action! Again, the sentiment was embossed in gold.
 My new favorite gift is to make one of these baby's first year flip books. I have shared a few over the last month or so. They are quite easy to make, just time consuming to get all of the darling die cut details just right! Once you get those all done, it is smooth sailing...no pun intended!
 You can see a few of the inside details here.
 I made another pair of felt booties and got them all packaged up in a clear box. I just love the boutique feel it gives them.
 I chose a nice aqua mist felt for the shoes! So fresh and fun!
 I added a strap to the booties with a tiny anchor button for detail! I really like how these turned out!
This is one of the decorations that I made for the shower that will double as a gift. I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew it would be super easy to recreate! Nailed it! LOL!

1 comment:

KimCreate said...

WOW, fabulous gifts and cards and decorations! The mommy to be is a lucky girl!