Sunday, March 8, 2015

Simple Salutations!

 I have a few simple designs to share with you today, but before I get started, I just want to tell you thank you for the sweet comments that you leave for me.  They make me so happy!

The first design I have to share today is for a new-ish couple that moved into our culdesac back in December. I have hesitated to take anything over to them because #1 I have never even seen a glimpse of them #2 I've been lazy. Neither of these are good excuses and I need to remedy that, so....I got to work on a quick card to take over with a goody of some kind.






I used the PTI set called "Boards and Beams" and the coordinating dies.  I cut the pieces I wanted to use and got to work coloring them.  I also decided that the card needed a few fluffy clouds so I die cut those as well.  I always struggle with coloring the windows on this house, so instead of stressing, I just used some glossy accents for a realistic effect.


I chose to keep the background layers simple; green for the bottom (grass) and blue for the top (sky) and then layered all of the other pieces.  I used varying heights with my foam squares to give it the dimension I wanted.  The sentiment was stitched in place using a nice straight stitch for some added texture but nothing busy.  I liked how it mimicked the lines in the blue paper.







The inside was stamped using Palette Noir ink and then punched with a large circle punch. I also added a little punched heart with a button for a touch of homespun appeal.
I received some fun mail the other day and it was a few goodies that I had ordered from MFT! This little "Happy Banner" Pure Innocence set and coordinating die made their way to my home. I knew she would be a cute and useful addition to my collection.   She arrived just in time because one of my daughter's friends has a birthday ON St. Patrick's Day.




I pulled out a collection of St. Patrick's Day paper I got last year and was thrilled to see that on the backside of one of the pieces, it had about 8 pre-designed panels. I cut the one that I thought would work the best with this little girl and just added a few embellishments.



I layered her onto a punched circle. I then took one of my birthday sentiment stamps and colored each letter using rainbow colors and then stamped it onto white cardstock. I like how it turned out.  Super easy, but festive! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

So I loved the house card and the background paper (which I still have too!) but then I saw the birthday girl! Gasp! SOOOO cute!!! :)