Monday, April 29, 2024

Papertrey Ink April Release Countdown Day 4

As promised, here is some inspiration for Father's Day and masculine cards! I'm in love with this new Hats Off to Dad stamp/die set! It's such a fun and easy set to use and it's just perfect for all kinds of occasions! The hat die could be used for feminine cards as well, not just masculine!

This card also features the new Perfect Stripes Stencil collection; I know I will be using these a lot! To begin, I stenciled the background using Spring Rain and Classic Kraft onto Vintage Cream cardstock. I added some Classic Kraft ink around the edges and then set it aside.

I die cut the main pieces of the hat from Kraft and then the front patch from Spring Rain. I added some Dark Chocolate around the perimeter of the hat and Kraft around the Spring Rain patch.

The "professional dad" sentiment is from the Hats Off to Dad stamp set and the sentiments at the bottom are from the new Father's Day Sentiments stamp/die set. I used some Bitty Big: Kraft paper to layer over the stenciled panel. I die cut the largest piece in the Reflections: April die set. I layered the Dark Chocolate strip, which was die cut using the Love to Layer: Decorative Bracket dies over the top and then added the hat. I accented the bottom with additional sentiments.

The Father's Day Sentiments stamp set also includes some options for the inside of your cards.

My second card for today, and the last of the release, uses the new Argyle Stencil collection paired with another sentiment from the Father's Day Sentiments. 

I also snuck in another strip from the Love to Layer: Decorative Brackets die set; I love how the stitched detail looks with the Argyle!

I used the medium and smallest sized die cuts from the Reflections: April die set as a mat for the tree, from the Towering Trees stamp set.

I love all of the sentiments in the Father's Day Sentiments, but I chose this fun one to accent this card.
This concludes my projects for today and for the release! Everything will be available for purchase tomorrow night at 10 PM ET! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

1 comment:

Becky Green said...

SO MASCULINE!!! LOVE the baseball cap & I have to check out those new sentiments also! I'm ALWAYS looking for inside sentiments! And seriously, I could use some NICE MASCULINE SENTIMENTS! ;)