Wednesday, May 1, 2024

You Are My Happy Place

Hello and welcome friends! Happy May Day!!! It's my turn for this week's Papertrey Ink Flash Sale! I've chosen the fabulous Into the Blooms: Geraniums dies as the focal point for my card today! These are some of my favorites that were released last year and the best part? They are SO easy to use and put together! A win in my book!!!

To begin this card, I die cut enough pieces to create this arrangement. I actually just used the guide on the website that shows a suitable arrangement. I inked them up in assorted Distress Oxide inks using finger sponge daubers. I layered them together using foam squares and liquid glue for dimension.

I die cut the Border Bling: Lattice background from Rasperry Fizz cardstock and layered it onto a top-folding A2 card base using strategically placed liquid glue. I die cut the medium oval included in the Love to Layer: Ovals die collection from white cardstock and then layered over the lattice background using foam squares.

I arranged the geraniums using the guide on the website as I mentioned earlier.  The sentiment is stamped in black and is from the Just Sentiments: You're on My Mind and then die cut using the Just Tags dies and then tucked under the flowers.

I added glitter to the flowers and leaves for some additional detail and some sparkle and shine!

I took photos of the card and once I was done editing them, I realized that the card needed something extra, so I added the Border Bling: Skinny Embossed Frame cut from Raspberry Fizz cardstock. There is a picture underneath WITHOUT the frame, so you can compare! Let me know if you like it better with or without. I think the frame "grounds" the card a bit better!

Here it is without the frame! Well....thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

Becky Green said...

I think either card is NICE, Kelly! BUUUT, the one WITH the frame die, DOES look more finished! ;) BEAUTIFULLY DONE, Kelly! That pink is PERFECT for this Spring Season & those flowers/geraniums are LOVELY in pink as well. This just makes me SMILE today! :)

Kris said...

What a beautiful card! I do like the adding of the frame card. It really made the rest of card stand out more…I don’t know why!!!

Marcia Hill said...

I like the added frame too Kelly, and your card is absolutely beautiful!! Such a bright pop of color...love it!!! 🩷🩷🩷