Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Simon Says Stamp Celebrate Release {Flower Power}

I'm thrilled to be helping with the Celebrate Release from Simon Says Stamp!  My card for today features the new Flower Power stamp set that features an assortment of daisies and flowers in all kinds of sizes and a few leaves and hearts.  It also features quite a few uplifting and encouraging sentiments so I was happy to be able to sneak two onto the card without it seeming odd or busy!

I had thought up the design for this card one night when I couldn't sleep, so once I had time to sit down and get busy, it came together quite easily. To begin, I cut a bunch of 1/4 inch strips of scrap cardstock in rainbow colors (omitting purple). I cut a panel of white cardstock measuring 3 3/4 inches by 5 and then glued the strips using liquid glue. I like using liquid glue on projects like this because it gives me a little "wiggle room" (literally) to get the strips placed neat and straight.

When it was all said and done, I only used two blue strips, so I decided to heat emboss the "hugs and happy thoughts" sentiment on the teal cardstock using white detail embossing powder.

I cut a slightly narrower panel and got to work building the flower pattern using the included images. Once I had what I wanted, I got to work coloring them with an assortment of alcohol markers. I don't do much coloring at all anymore so many of my Copic markers have dried up, so I had to use a few from my inexpensive set I got on Amazon. I added some black ink splatter for added interest and detail.

I attached the teal sentiment underneath the colored panel and then adhered it to the panel with the strips using foam squares. I mounted the entire thing onto a white card base using additional foam squares. I added some Tim Holtz Rock Candy glitter to the flower centers, leaves, and the smaller flowers. I added a trio of sparkling clear sequins to finish it off! Thanks for fluttering by!
 

2 comments:

Connie said...

Love this Kelly!
Wonderful color and great idea using colored strips.
Great coloring!
Thanks for your inspiration.

Mary Kay Ross said...

Fabulous card - so bright and uplifting! Love the coloring and the colored cardstock. Thanks for sharing!